Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 01:28 AM
Aviak

Default Sky is pretty fun and I'm looking forward to it

I know we've all done it hundreds of times at 60 and it's going to be a clusterfuck but still I'm looking forward to it. I've never done it competitively, nor at 50. How about you all? How was sky when blue was new?
Old 08-07-2020, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Is there anything available to liven the textures up a bit?
Old 08-07-2020, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

Sky sucks ass and breaks people's souls trying to get the bottleneck items from the quests. Its a unique and interesting zone design theoretically. In practice its full of frustration and some of the most uninspired atmosphere from the classic era, right before some of the most flavorful environments they ever made come out with Kunark.

"Competitive" sky just means ST is going to take a giant dump on the place for the first few weeks. Why is there not a rotation ready to go already my dear "UN"? The most asinine zone imaginable not to rotate and here we are set to watch everyone act like fools instead.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Bloodsky Sapphire, Bixie Stinger and Fine Wool Clok do not exist.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Competitive" sky just means ST is going to take a giant dump on the place for the first few weeks. Why is there not a rotation ready to go already my dear "UN"? The most asinine zone imaginable not to rotate and here we are set to watch everyone act like fools instead.
Don't be competative then. Try to use your UN to make a deal with the top guild. Offer them sky for a couple weeks so they can rush items and get their "server firsts" then after two weeks it becomes a rotation. Maybe even see if they'll throw in some 7 day dragons uncontested while up there.

UN guilds wont do this though. The thoughts of too many on this server is that everyone must have their BiS items day one of releases. If people were more patient their would be a lot less drama.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be competative then. Try to use your UN to make a deal with the top guild. Offer them sky for a couple weeks so they can rush items and get their "server firsts" then after two weeks it becomes a rotation.
I'm not in any negotiating position and am highly likely to sit the whole thing out by personal choice, at least for the beginning. They are probably getting sky for a couple weeks regardless of if the rest of the UN guilds like it or don't (they don't).
Old 08-07-2020, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be competative then. Try to use your UN to make a deal with the top guild. Offer them sky for a couple weeks so they can rush items and get their "server firsts" then after two weeks it becomes a rotation. Maybe even see if they'll throw in some 7 day dragons uncontested while up there.

UN guilds wont do this though. The thoughts of too many on this server is that everyone must have their BiS items day one of releases. If people were more patient their would be a lot less drama.
Why would they accept that? They'll win all of sky regardless. It's not like the rest of the UN can compete, so they have no leverage lol
Old 08-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sky sucks ass and breaks people's souls trying to get the bottleneck items from the quests. Its a unique and interesting zone design theoretically. In practice its full of frustration and some of the most uninspired atmosphere from the classic era, right before some of the most flavorful environments they ever made come out with Kunark.
Very much this. The zone just feels like pasted together nonsense that Verant threw out there to keep high level guilds busy until Kunark. Yeah a cool idea, floaty islands in the sky where you have to work through each level, and the first times you do it the challenge of each level might seem novel, but it's ultimately too artificial and an unnecessary time sink that doesn't provide interesting gameplay. It's especially tedious when Level 50 is the max, because spells just get heavily resisted, so the place is all about tank-and-spank.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdaria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know we've all done it hundreds of times at 60 and it's going to be a clusterfuck but still I'm looking forward to it. I've never done it competitively, nor at 50. How about you all? How was sky when blue was new?
It's been so long since it dropped on Blue that all I can recall is the under-dog guild got server first Eye of Veeshan. (Edit - and a ton of pets)

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread