Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 11:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New to P1999

Hi all,

Few pointers if you would oblige.

I'm looking at starting on the Green server - how is the general population and am I too late (if that's a thing on P1999) to play with any lower levels since the launch of the server?

Which is the most populated starting area or easiest to go through finding groups and what not? I have extreme nostalgic ties to Qeynos but want to play with others.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome! You're just in time on green. Plane of Sky raid is coming out in less than a week and there is still plenty of time to level a character to 50 before kunark expansion drops.

Areas around east commons seem to be more popular. But really in terms of grouping there are so many players of all level ranges. Unless you're anti-social you should not have a hard time finding a group. I would encourage you to start with a money making class like necro/mage/druid for example but you don't have to. It would just make starting easier and gearing your dream class more efficient.
There is a healthy population around the qeynos and karana's as well.

Be sure to explore the P99 wiki
https://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page

Be safe and good luck! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Questions are welcome.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

You can play whatever and which ever starting newbies areas you'd like..there's so many people online 1,000+ a day, you won't have a hard time finding other low levels to group with.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 08-19-2020, 09:59 PM
Large Rat

Play a solo class unless you have no life and even then, you'll be hard pressed to get good camps until after 3AM.

Past level 40, unless you can get online and wait in line at 6AM ET, you won't find any xp groups/camps open until they start falling apart at midnight.

There are not so many players at every level range. There are very limited numbers once you hit 30+ and the groups are mostly guildmates/cliques passing camps and dominating the best exp/pp spots.

Also, be prepared for Seal Team to blatantly ignore the PNP, steal your kills/camps, and for the GMs to do nothing about it.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Qeynos is a great starting area, you can pick any class there and find someone to let you group with them while they run around killing gnolls, which is going to be your main target there collect teeth like crazy, also collect bone chips and do not sell them! Youll find out later when you have about 40 you can turn them in for exp. Also when you get to around level 8 find putrid skells, and any rabbid wolf you see, kill it, save the orb and the hides to quest turn in. And grizzley hides. when you get to your teens you can seek out bandits and turn their sashes in to the paly guild. Learn how to make bear-hide armor with the help of a miller, and get yourself a cloak belt and boots before you leave the area.

Youll be fine in the hills prancing around as any class doing all this and learning the ropes! It's an active area.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Youre not too late my friend. One thing about EQ is u cant mess it up like real life. So if u start in new york city ( qeynos ) u cant just grab some jumjum and hit the road , dont forget a sow from a friendly druid or shaman. Head on over to the Misty Thicket and say hi to Hagglesnort. Hes a junky that lives under the bridge in Rivervale he will provide u with the finest energizing snuff.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:08 AM
Fire Giant

qeynos shouldnt be too hard if you are playing a solo char like a caster. (Casters + Druid and Shaman.) I think to me being late to EQ isent much of a big deal because its still fun. If you want to make a melee with no gear then you should probably go around popular leveling zones in order to get into good groups. (Oasis, Crushbone Unrest.) Or make a small melee char and try to get chain or bronze in unrest. Monks sometimes dont need much gear to be good though. However that is more true on blue where you can buy an item for 100pp that is 10 times better than anything on green for 100pp.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Muh halfling ranger.

Wut?
Old 08-21-2020, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you're anti-social you should not have a hard time finding a group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamdigger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play a solo class unless you have no life and even then, you'll be hard pressed to get good camps until after 3AM.

Past level 40, unless you can get online and wait in line at 6AM ET, you won't find any xp groups/camps open until they start falling apart at midnight.

There are not so many players at every level range. There are very limited numbers once you hit 30+ and the groups are mostly guildmates/cliques passing camps and dominating the best exp/pp spots.

Also, be prepared for Seal Team to blatantly ignore the PNP, steal your kills/camps, and for the GMs to do nothing about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you're anti-social you should not have a hard time finding a group.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Your ability to find a group is directly correlated to how useful your class is in that group. Pre-29 enc here on green I had to beg for spots or get on a list (or just solo) even with lfg tag on. Post 35 I get an invite every hour or so, to either CT or paw usually, even with lfg tag off. The even better news is that by now my friends list is populated by similar level shamans and clerics who have tasted the forbidden fruit of enchanter duo exp so groups aren't even that good of exp for me anymore.

If you're a wiz, druid or another class that has a poor grouping reputation / low contribution or you have a poor reputation you can expect your grouping opportunities to gradually diminish as you gain levels.
Closed Thread