Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 05:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most likely you were given squires, which are the least valuable of the cards. However, even they have some value; if you collect all four of them (and journey to Plane of Mischief) you can use them to get a http://wiki.project1999.com/Black_Fl..._Functionality.
I do believe they were squires now that you mention it.

Being a noob to raids, what raids would +disease resistance be most useful for? Might as well keep them around and hopefully obtain all 4 in the long run.

Edit: Oh and I think you were the one who told me about Anonymous and suggested it as a guild for me. Applied yesterday, stoked to get to experience end game content once it gets processed.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Disease flower is nice because it stacks with everything. Plus 50 disease great for solo and raiding. Some raids it’s good for is Zlandicar who not only has the standard dragon roar fear but a really nasty long lasting disease based stun. Without disease resist you will basically be stunned and or feared for the whole fight. Given you are a melee not hiding behind LoS.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disease flower is nice because it stacks with everything. Plus 50 disease great for solo and raiding. Some raids it’s good for is Zlandicar who not only has the standard dragon roar fear but a really nasty long lasting disease based stun. Without disease resist you will basically be stunned and or feared for the whole fight. Given you are a melee not hiding behind LoS.
Awesome, that's good to note then, glad I never just got rid of the cards because I didn't quite know what they were for. Still have a lot to learn when it comes to raid or harder dungeons. I never played live and the only thing I have ran that is up there is PoS.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

You will need to be level 46 to be able to use the cards however. You need to get to PoM which is a crazy zone that is found deep within the Temple of Veeshan. You will need a COTH to zone in and then you can bind there. You willl need to do a pretty easy quest that requires either fishing or the route most people go running through a room with two halflings that sit on a chandelier and pelt down ice comets on you to kill a level one mob named dinner and turn into a sphinx in a hedge maze to get your deck of spontaneous generation that is basically used for all the quests combines.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:22 PM
Banned

Just to correct.. The Stun off Zlandicar is actually MR Based not Disease. The dot pretty much always lands even with high resist.
But the flower makes a sub par junk buff i guess... Might help when fighting trash shaman mobs in seb i guess maybe.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will need to be level 46 to be able to use the cards however. You need to get to PoM which is a crazy zone that is found deep within the Temple of Veeshan. You will need a COTH to zone in and then you can bind there. You willl need to do a pretty easy quest that requires either fishing or the route most people go running through a room with two halflings that sit on a chandelier and pelt down ice comets on you to kill a level one mob named dinner and turn into a sphinx in a hedge maze to get your deck of spontaneous generation that is basically used for all the quests combines.
lol I would think this was a joke, but considering what I've heard about how PoM is, I'm really thinking this is true. Should be an interesting place to check out to say the least.

But first I must hit 60. Only 23% away. Now if people would just stop camping the camps I like for 12 hours straight, I might be able to grind away at that a bit.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Damn you are right X. Always thought stun portion was disease for some reason. He has 4 AEs rotting flesh is the disease one. It’s still marginally helpful and as X said junk buff.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

Lol Dela you don’t know the half of it.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delacroix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do believe they were squires now that you mention it.

Being a noob to raids, what raids would +disease resistance be most useful for? Might as well keep them around and hopefully obtain all 4 in the long run.
Well, as it turns out for raiding you don't even want all of them, because the Blue/Magic one is actually less resist than the Enchanter buff.

As for disease resist encounters, I forget off the top of my head, but I know they do exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delacroix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: Oh and I think you were the one who told me about Anonymous and suggested it as a guild for me. Applied yesterday, stoked to get to experience end game content once it gets processed.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

OP prob has cards left over from this quest as you get “junk” playing cards while you try to get the jester.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Testament_of_Vanear_Quest

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=27803

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=27801

edit: looks like this was solved way back im dumb
Last edited by Erati; 05-27-2019 at 10:58 AM..
Closed Thread