Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Banned

I have a DaP porter and have no complaints with it, except that the guild itself is tiresome because the membership churn means there's a new set of noobs every month.
*can someone log the rezzer*
*is anyone casting PotG*

I will say that I learned not to port from EC because there was a high percentage of folks who were either bound there or stripped off to port out for free. Also, if you're one of these LawyerQuesters who think you can turn our guild slogan into "you have to come pick me up at this place that isn't a druid ring", you are wrong.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:47 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like, Dial A Millennial

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-12-2019, 05:29 AM
Planar Protector

Just don't port naked people if you don't want to do CR ports? Unless you're in DaP, then you just feign AFK.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:50 AM
Banned

I always tip 50 plat for ports. I'm counting on good will when I need those CR ports. Don't mess this up for me, people.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:50 AM
Aviak

Imagine showing people than you are poor in a video game ,,, always 100 for me so I doesn't wait more than 30sec
Old 10-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Sarnak

There have been a couple of time where I actually had no plat in the bank to tip for a CR. Thanks to those that ported me for free. I don't request money to port on my druid either, but will gladly accept donations. If you feel you need a tip maybe mention in tell up front?
Old 10-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Just do what I did. Play for 6 years nonstop and make a few hundred k and give your account info to someone who may or may not have stripped all your stuff, but you can't be bothered to check because video games on estrogen is like trying to use Winamp on shrooms.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just do what I did. Play for 6 years nonstop and make a few hundred k and give your account info to someone who may or may not have stripped all your stuff, but you can't be bothered to check because video games on estrogen is like trying to use Winamp on shrooms.
None of that has anything at all to do with tipping or not tipping for CR ports. Stop trying to make every thread about you.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:33 AM
Fire Giant

I never tipped for CR ports and I wouldn’t expect anyone to do so, either. I thought that was just part of the unspoken rule here, because that’s how it went when I started playing in 2017. Tried to tip on my first CR in NRO or something, or would say something like “remind me to pay you when I have my corpse” and the nice person who ported me would say “not necessary”. Granted my CR is never too bad because I do bind myself...

I liked that social contract. I try to do the same, I never charge for rezzes. I travel to the 1-50 zones and hand them out sometimes because I know xp loss is shitty. I do get tipped, sometimes, which is very nice of the person. For ports, I always give 60pp (1/level). It gets expensive sometimes but that’s a service I’m ok to pay for.

Side note, if I’m bored, I *do* respond to people /shouting “offering 300pp for a Rez in zone X”. (That’s how I make my port money [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Old 10-13-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of that has anything at all to do with tipping or not tipping for CR ports. Stop trying to make every thread about you.
60 Druid alt. Your argument is invalid.
Closed Thread