Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssin314 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use the EverQuest_V45 install to run on mac, however EQ will no longer load after this new patch. I've narrowed it down to the file dsetup.dll that seems to be causing the issue. Client will still load after adding every single other new patch file (albeit the char screen loads as human and tells me files are out of date) until dsetup.dll is added, then it just stops working. Please help!
Sounds consistent with everyone’s reported symptoms. Dynamic loader failure would kill the process before opening any windows or writing to any log files.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Kobold

No issues for me using wineskin on my Mac. Every time a new patch goes up I manually drag each file and replace. I don’t just move the zip contents and replace all files. That creates issues for me in the past.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Aviak

I also replaced the files manually. However, thinking back, I may have dragged the "default" and "velious" folders into uifiles rather than doing a per-file move on those directories. I'll find their original contents and try again.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:29 AM
Aviak

Didn't fix it for me. I'll try patching from a fresh install later.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

New patch also broke my install. Uable to select character, Keep getting the spell file Error even after putting in new patch v49 folder
Old 09-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Aviak

I am also experiencing this issue- I did the per-file move as detailed above and am 100% confident i put everything in the correct place. The P99 App launches briefly and then closes after about 6 seconds. Terminal logs not showing any errors, but haven't dug much deeper than that.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Aviak

I know this is only tangentially related, but the new patch did not break while running under linux, specifically with wine-3.0 (Ubuntu 3.0-1ubuntu1) on ubuntu 18.04. It was working under V48 patch and continues to work flawlessly under the V49 patch.

I mention it because it rules out some possible issues, helping to narrow the solution space of possible causes. Best of luck with this!
Old 09-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New patch also broke my install. Uable to select character, Keep getting the spell file Error even after putting in new patch v49 folder
This sounds like a different issue (vs. the launcher loading for a bit, then crashing before displaying any windows). I'd recommend making a separate thread.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercalif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No issues for me using wineskin on my Mac. Every time a new patch goes up I manually drag each file and replace. I don’t just move the zip contents and replace all files. That creates issues for me in the past.
supercalif, could you share your MacOS version on the off chance it's related? Apple symbol in top left -> About
Old 09-08-2019, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is only tangentially related, but the new patch did not break while running under linux, specifically with wine-3.0 (Ubuntu 3.0-1ubuntu1) on ubuntu 18.04. It was working under V48 patch and continues to work flawlessly under the V49 patch.

I mention it because it rules out some possible issues, helping to narrow the solution space of possible causes. Best of luck with this!
Running linux here and it broke my install ubuntu 19.01 with wine 3