Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Default Bard Wurf with AOE nerf?

Thoughts if bard is worth considering I’ll be limited to swarming 4 mobs? The King of XP may be far from King in regards to solo XP.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Bards that AoE to high levels are often garbage, they can keep the 4 mob limit for the life of the server for all I care.

ETA: Also, AoEing and swarming are different things.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Bards can do a lot more than aoe kite, you know. They're a very strong class even without any aoe at all.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

I’m referring to strictly solo XP. At 27 I can for sure charm kite. You sound like a bard pissed you off Tenlaar, Lol.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m referring to strictly solo XP. At 27 I can for sure charm kite. You sound like a bard pissed you off Tenlaar, Lol.
Bards piss off anyone trying to XP outdoors.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

I love bards, have a high level bard on blue, and one of my favorite things in EQ is playing a bard tank for dungeon crawling groups.

What pisses me off are people that want to AoE their way to high level and then join groups I'm in while being garbage players who are mediocre at best when it comes to anything except for AoEing.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Lol. I’ve played a bard since 99. How would you plan to hold aggro off any decent DPS Tenlaar?

Not that your insult was directed at me, but it is hilarious calling any bard garbage or mediocre when you are talking about tanking groups as a Bard, especially in classic LOL.

I would rather have the enchanter tank at that point. At least he can stun for aggros!!!
Old 10-14-2019, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would you plan to hold aggro off any decent DPS Tenlaar?
Quote:
I’ve played a bard since 99.
Well this already isn't adding up...
Old 10-14-2019, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

My response was sarcasm kind sir. The answer is you can’t hold aggro off any one that isn’t trash, Lol.

Anything you do will not generate you anywhere near the aggro you would need to properly tank.

Anyways, back to the original topic: is AOE still wurf ? I want to say yes it will be
Old 10-14-2019, 03:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
My response was sarcasm kind sir. The answer is you can’t hold aggro off any one that isn’t trash, Lol.

Anything you do will not generate you anywhere near the aggro you would need to properly tank.

Anyways, back to the original topic: is AOE still wurf ? I want to say yes it will be

Yo what's your name on green so i can know to avoid you and your shitty bardness for not knowing how to hold aggro over everyone
Closed Thread