Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Bard slow song is king aggro grabber I thought? Either way I’ve definitely seen bards tank before and do it well.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

The lvl 20 song sucks for aggro, 50+ one is solid ! Not classic though and this thread is in Green not Blue.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yo what's your name on green so i can know to avoid you and your shitty bardness for not knowing how to hold aggro over everyone
Darksinga
Darksingax
Darksingaxxx

Undecided which yet. Come on down !
Old 10-14-2019, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

I really don't want a repeat of OT petitions on bards and I'm sure the staff don't either.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:12 PM
Orc

a bard that cant hold aggro until kunark isnt a very good bard, very telling why you want that AoEing number increased
Old 10-14-2019, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Being able to manafree “Quad” whites/yellows/near lvl reds is still great exp, also if you are smart/good you can manipulate pathing with groups of different speed mobs to hit around 8 mobs with those dots! Not to mention snare/fear/charm all manafree before lvl 30. Add to it the best travel speed in the game when their will be a lack of porters will save a massive amount of time which can be converted to more exp. expect good bards to find group invites easily and still be in the upper echelon of solo leveling with mage/ench/necro
Old 10-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being able to manafree “Quad” whites/yellows/near lvl reds is still great exp, also if you are smart/good you can manipulate pathing with groups of different speed mobs to hit around 8 mobs with those dots! Not to mention snare/fear/charm all manafree before lvl 30. Add to it the best travel speed in the game when their will be a lack of porters will save a massive amount of time which can be converted to more exp. expect good bards to find group invites easily and still be in the upper echelon of solo leveling with mage/ench/necro
First good response all thread!

Every one else is apparently a main tank Bard, Lol.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First good response all thread!

Every one else is apparently a main tank Bard, Lol.
I think they're responding mostly to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. I’ve played a bard since 99. How would you plan to hold aggro off any decent DPS Tenlaar?

Not that your insult was directed at me, but it is hilarious calling any bard garbage or mediocre when you are talking about tanking groups as a Bard, especially in classic LOL.

I would rather have the enchanter tank at that point. At least he can stun for aggros!!!
I don't think anyone is trying to make the point that Bard's are the ideal tanking class. But if you don't know how to hold aggro with twenty years of experience playing the class, then I don't know what to tell you. It's really not very difficult, even on Blue with 10 years of twink gear. Unless the wizard decides to YOLO empty his mana tank, the idea that Bard's couldn't hold aggro on Green if they wanted to is pretty absurd.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone is trying to make the point that Bard's are the ideal tanking class. But if you don't know how to hold aggro with twenty years of experience playing the class, then I don't know what to tell you. It's really not very difficult, even on Blue with 10 years of twink gear. Unless the wizard decides to YOLO empty his mana tank, the idea that Bard's couldn't hold aggro on Green if they wanted to is pretty absurd.
#1. Thread was derailed as I was strictly referring to AOE kiting.

#2. Name one bard ability that generates enough threat to hold over any reliable DPS? The "real" aggro ability that every one in this thread is referring to is 50+. Something that won't be on Green until Kunark (years away?)

#3. What kind of group would even get a bard to tank, especially in classic? Sure, if you were in Kunark and beyond and desperate, go for it. A bard may be a plate class, but they are far from a tanking class.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Selos consonant strain is lvl 23 and spammed will out aggro anything on green and it snare/slows, plus bard can fear and regen, a bard is an ideal tank for casters/pet classes because you can aggro kite in small circles while pets destroy with no need to ever heal so they can keep max level pets and not waste pet components
Last edited by Wallicker; 10-14-2019 at 10:41 PM..
Closed Thread