Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Chuckles. (the great)
Old 01-18-2018, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever since I had a Live character named Nolena, I've wanted to name my daughter that. My wife was fine with it until I told her where I got the name from. Luckily for us both, our first is a son.

My mom still likes the name Nolena if my wife and I ever have a girl.
If I ever have a son, his name is going to be Lhancelot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:04 PM
Banned

you sound bitter, like the chances of you reproducing are extremely low and ur mad about it.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luckily for us your chances of reproducing are extremely low
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:01 PM
Banned

great idea, name your son Lhancelot literally the UGLIEST KNIGHT in history who was also an adulterer

seriosuly dude lhancelot was fucking hideous don't make me prove it
Old 01-18-2018, 05:34 PM
Kobold

It strikes me as odd now thinking about it that there really are no infants to be found among the populations of humans, dwarves, elves, ogres, trolls, etc. and it points to the fact that Norrath is in it's final days as eventually there will be no new generation to populate the land and it will be overrun by creatures that do apparently still procreate like giant spiders who have their spiderlings running all over the place and perhaps in those days these creatures will rise to a sentience of their own and then Freeport will be ruled by spiders and Halas will be ruled by polar bears and I think that at that point Halas will actually be a town worth visiting if I were still around to see it and I could probably win acceptance by the polar bear people and ingratiate myself to their king by completing quests to hunt down the last few surviving Barbarians and bring their heads back to his throne in retribution for all the bears that were senselessly slaughtered so that they could have fancy polar bear based armor and they also have great warriors in the pits of permafrost that I think could route the goblins from that terrible place and thus establish a polar empire in the everfrost peaks. It would seem logical that in all of this the gnolls who do also produce pups still would move out of their dens of squalor and into the city of Qeynos, finally able to not worry about humans ruining their lands and they can go further ruin the city of Qeynos which is already somewhat of an s-hole place but it is sometimes a place that you have to go to sometimes for whatever reason but you don't stay any longer than you have to kind of like Cleveland, Ohio or Minneapolis, Minnesota. I don't believe the frogloks would move out of Guk to retake Grobb as their accommodations are currently better already as are the lizard people's in Cazic Thule so Oggok will go empty into this new age and Kaladim will be overrun by Goblins as will most likely Rivervale and I just want to make sure I'm around to see this new world because I think I would thrive in it. Brittney Spears everyone. Stop.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
great idea, name your son Lhancelot literally the UGLIEST KNIGHT in history who was also an adulterer

seriosuly dude lhancelot was fucking hideous don't make me prove it
"Lhancelot was a knight of passion who possessed a richness from within that drew many a people under his honorable spell of virtue." -Merlin, 504AD

Sorry man. I have to go with what Merlin wrote over some halfling named Filbus who resides on the p99 forums. Merlin never once mentions anything about him being ugly btw.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Banned

Excerpts from the Once and Future King by T.H. White regarding "The Ill-Made Knight" (Lancelot)

" For one thing, his ears stick out dreadfully. He's also compared to "an African ape" and is apparently "as ugly as a monster in the king's menagerie" (K.1.24). Poor Lancelot. Guenever even tells him at one point to leave and to take his ugly face with him."

"Lancelot, despite being the bravest of the knights, is ugly, and ape-like, so that he calls himself the Chevalier mal fet - "The Ill-Made Knight"."

"In the third volume, Lancelot self-describes as the Chevalier mal fet - the “Ill-Made Knight”, which is also the title of the volume. These flaws are not limited to Lancelot’s exterior either;

For one thing, he [Lancelot] liked to hurt people. [...] One reason why he fell in love with Guenever was because the first thing he had done was to hurt her. He might never have noticed her as a person, if he had not seen the pain in her eyes."

And this even goes back to the presentation of Lancelot in the earliest of Arturian writers, Chretien de Troyes, who wrote The Knight of the Cart. In the beginning of this story (which does not describe Lancelot physically as that was not the style of writing back when stories were told only through poetry -- the novel did not yet exist), Lancelot rides in the back of a cart and is covered by pig shit and other unnameable filths, he earns his namesake "The Knight of the Cart" which is a sick burn and also sets up how the public views his character from that point on. For example, "they all cease their play and shout across the fields 'See, yonder comes the knight who was driven in the
cart! Let no one continue his sport while he is in our midst. A curse upon him who cares or deigns to play so long as he is here!' pg 11, the Knight of the Cart.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Excerpts from the Once and Future King by T.H. White regarding "The Ill-Made Knight" (Lancelot)

" For one thing, his ears stick out dreadfully. He's also compared to "an African ape" and is apparently "as ugly as a monster in the king's menagerie" (K.1.24). Poor Lancelot. Guenever even tells him at one point to leave and to take his ugly face with him."

"Lancelot, despite being the bravest of the knights, is ugly, and ape-like, so that he calls himself the Chevalier mal fet - "The Ill-Made Knight"."

"In the third volume, Lancelot self-describes as the Chevalier mal fet - the “Ill-Made Knight”, which is also the title of the volume. These flaws are not limited to Lancelot’s exterior either;

For one thing, he [Lancelot] liked to hurt people. [...] One reason why he fell in love with Guenever was because the first thing he had done was to hurt her. He might never have noticed her as a person, if he had not seen the pain in her eyes."

And this even goes back to the presentation of Lancelot in the earliest of Arturian writers, Chretien de Troyes, who wrote The Knight of the Cart. In the beginning of this story (which does not describe Lancelot physically as that was not the style of writing back when stories were told only through poetry -- the novel did not yet exist), Lancelot rides in the back of a cart and is covered by pig shit and other unnameable filths, he earns his namesake "The Knight of the Cart" which is a sick burn and also sets up how the public views his character from that point on. For example, "they all cease their play and shout across the fields 'See, yonder comes the knight who was driven in the
cart! Let no one continue his sport while he is in our midst. A curse upon him who cares or deigns to play so long as he is here!' pg 11, the Knight of the Cart.
This is one of your best written stories yet, Skarlorn.

Pretty deep and involved, lots of innuendos in it too. Well done bro. Well done.
Quote:
Old 01-19-2018, 12:38 AM
Orc

I am going to be a dad in about 4 months as well. I briefly thought about it, but ended up deciding that I just hope I can call the baby 'the sleeper'