Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It gives you enough time to log back in. You don't lose your spot if you log in soon enough.
He means for the one that patches out the items! ;D
Old 04-09-2020, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He means for the one that patches out the items! ;D
Oh, that patch. Yeah...it's practically guaranteed that someone is #1 on the list when it gets removed. :'(
Old 04-09-2020, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Given that there's 95% probability it will be someone's 28th guised twink, I wouldn't be too sad.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:49 PM
Banned

I don't see what the BFD is with most of these things anyways.

Unless you're a large race, the mask is like "who cares." Ok, so a human gets UV - that's something, but worth days at camp? Lighting is not like how it was on live. You can see ok at night on Green.

And the Jboots? Why on earth would anyone camp them for days? I've done like 10 jboots quests across multiple servers and it never took me even close to as long as people are currently waiting. Why not just do the quest? The only reason not to is if your char is a newb (so level and do the quest) or you just can't wait. Either way, an extra 2 weeks on this is no big deal.

I've taken 2 chars to LGuk to get rotting EE bags and the people camping the damn MS aren't even classes that can use it. It's really of dubious benefit to anyone other than clerics and druids anyways. People are camping them for cash.

And Ruby? It's crap except for the BP. It's like wearing the non-stat Kunark armor. People wear it around and then bag it when they need their chars to be as powerful as they can be... The BP is the only worthwhile piece and it's basically antiquated once Kunark comes out.
Last edited by Doktoor; 04-09-2020 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Forgot Ruby
Old 04-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see what the BFD is with most of these things anyways.

Unless you're a large race, the mask is like "who cares." Ok, so a human gets UV - that's something, but worth days at camp? Lighting is not like how it was on live. You can see ok at night on Green.

And the Jboots? Why on earth would anyone camp them for days? I've done like 10 jboots quests across multiple servers and it never took me even close to as long as people are currently waiting. Why not just do the quest? The only reason not to is if your char is a newb (so level and do the quest) or you just can't wait. Either way, an extra 2 weeks on this is no big deal.

I've taken 2 chars to LGuk to get rotting EE bags and the people camping the damn MS aren't even classes that can use it. It's really of dubious benefit to anyone other than clerics and druids anyways. People are camping them for cash.

And Ruby? It's crap except for the BP. It's like wearing the non-stat Kunark armor. People wear it around and then bag it when they need their chars to be as powerful as they can be... The BP is the only worthwhile piece and it's basically antiquated once Kunark comes out.
Kunark non stat armor is a pretty nice upgrade for non raiding tanks, otherwise always been about clickies.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It gives you enough time to log back in. You don't lose your spot if you log in soon enough.
I meant specifically the patch that removes Legacies lol
Old 04-09-2020, 08:43 PM
Aviak

All jokes aside, if anyone currently on the Guise /list could report how long the line is at the moment I would appreciate it.

I know it may be hard to predict given that this is the first time P1999 has been in this situation on Green, but are there any REALISTIC estimates of what the /list line will be like the final week, that would help to keep expectations reasonable.

I really do want to get one as I have never had one before and yes it is for my main. It is a shame that I will probably be competing with 20+ alts of high end guilds, but it is what it is. I guess it is true that the best loot only goes to those willing to put in the most work/time. Sometimes though, you just get unlucky and miss things like the opening of Green.

Congrats to everyone who did already manage to get one though.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

its about 3 fitty
Old 04-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

in all seriousness if you just take friday off, be there at 11 pm thursday, sit there and wait out everyone that goes linkdead and fails. you should get it by saturday. a lot of ppl drop

this does not go for manastone in which you should be prepared for sunday and monday too

if you want it
Old 04-09-2020, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacoby44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All jokes aside, if anyone currently on the Guise /list could report how long the line is at the moment I would appreciate it.

I know it may be hard to predict given that this is the first time P1999 has been in this situation on Green, but are there any REALISTIC estimates of what the /list line will be like the final week, that would help to keep expectations reasonable.

I really do want to get one as I have never had one before and yes it is for my main. It is a shame that I will probably be competing with 20+ alts of high end guilds, but it is what it is. I guess it is true that the best loot only goes to those willing to put in the most work/time. Sometimes though, you just get unlucky and miss things like the opening of Green.

Congrats to everyone who did already manage to get one though.
Thursday at 10PM. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not too bad for lately. You'll wait about 25-30 hours on average for that.