Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default Moving spells in spellbook? (potential warning for green spell casters)

So is this a titanium locked "feature" or will we be busting out some vanilla vaseline?

This is a big deal for any would be casters on green, by the way, especially classes that tend to do a lot of spell swapping. You'll thank me later for the warning.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:22 PM
Kobold

So I should plan out my spell book now? Sounds fun actually.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

At this point if you don't start planning out your spell book pages from level one, do you even caster bro?

I saw that patch note too, so yeah in green we may have to deal with our poor choices of spell placement for a while. Organize pre-emptively or get ready to flip some pages.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point if you don't start planning out your spell book pages from level one, do you even caster bro?

I saw that patch note too, so yeah in green we may have to deal with our poor choices of spell placement for a while. Organize pre-emptively or get ready to flip some pages.
Which patch notes? Can you link?? I don't remember not being able to move spells in vanilla but that was a long time ago.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

Any recommendations on this process ? I’m so used to being able to swap things. I usually try to keep spells of similar type together, but I think the ideal situation personally would be to start further back in the book that way my relevant spells end up in the first few pages. Idk. Thoughts ?
Old 09-29-2019, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which patch notes? Can you link?? I don't remember not being able to move spells in vanilla but that was a long time ago.
it was like 5-6 months after release if i recall right. It seemed like forever, though. I even knew about it from beta and still fucked up my first 20-30 levels of spells on my first character. guess a bit too excited about finally getting to play a character I could keep.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Orc

Definitely was a thing a couple of months into the game, they added the ability to re-arrange the spellbook. For an OCD player that itch got SCRATCHED. Couldn't find anything in the patch notes or searches yet.

Also, after the P99 timeline they expanded on it and added in the ability to delete spells from your book (Sep 2002 patch) -- There is a reference in Aug 9 2000 about recommending moving a spell to the back of the book if it was duplicate (confirming couldn't delete and the ability to move as early as then)

I am all for classic, but until there is evidence of when a change was made even though we can "remember" a couple of months, maybe it should be left as-is. Ill poke around a little more. As ridiculous as this little detail this is, you sorta want to find that needle in the haystack sometimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Haloren; 09-30-2019 at 05:11 PM..
Old 09-30-2019, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#Classic_Era

Looks like 9/28/99, so the first six plus months you can't move spells in the book.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Don't forget 5 spells per spellbook page if you want to be fully classic. Not that I've seen anyone suggesting that, if it's even possible on Titanium.

Danth
Old 09-30-2019, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Lol....green is going to be awesome!
Closed Thread