Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

Default Teal feels dead

Sorry but it's true. A bunch of people will jump in here and explain why i'm wrong and how they have tons of people to group with or whatever, but this is just my opinion. Barely hitting 700 people right now, hard to buy anything in ec. Hard to group if you arent level 20-40. Feels dead to me or at least not what I was looking for in a fresh server. Blue was way more active at different points in its life cycle so I'm kinda not feeling this. Teal has actually made me miss the tlp server which I thought I'd never say.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Blue has done fine for itself with far less than 700 at multiple points throughout it's life.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue has done fine for itself with far less than 700 at multiple points throughout it's life.
At those times I accepted the low population and played in spite of it because I loved the game. In this case they created this by splitting the servers. Feels dumb.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Nah, Teal is great.

700 is absolutely the sweet spot when it comes to classic EQ, any more and you spend more time looking for a camp than you do playing the game.

Roll a toon on Green if you want to play on a crowded mess of a server.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 12-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, Teal is great.

700 is absolutely the sweet spot when it comes to classic EQ, any more and you spend more time looking for a camp than you do playing the game.

Roll a toon on Green if you want to play on a crowded mess of a server.
Green isn't even crowded now either. Kinda sucks actually across the board.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green is approaching 1000 players right now, on a weeknight. That is more than enough. I was hardcore against the split when they proposed it but even I came to see that classic content just can't handle the numbers that green and teal's population combined was. And they will re-merge if population ever becomes an issue. Staff made the right call for sure.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why the hell would you want to play on a over crowded server? That shit is fucking awful. That week before the servers split was literally one of the worst times I've had playing p99.

Splitting is the best call the devs ever made.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green is approaching 1000 players right now, on a weeknight. That is more than enough. I was hardcore against the split when they proposed it but even I came to see that classic content just can't handle the numbers that green and teal's population combined was. And they will re-merge if population ever becomes an issue. Staff made the right call for sure.
Functionally, the game is more playable in this state that's true. However, it's lacking that energy that you get when it's a new fresh server. I remember when I was leveling in south ro with 50 people in the zone... and it was overwhelming and difficult to kill anything. But I'm nostalgic for it now and it happened only 2-3 weeks ago.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-03-2019, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Functionally, the game is more playable in this state that's true. However, it's lacking that energy that you get when it's a new fresh server. I remember when I was leveling in south ro with 50 people in the zone... and it was overwhelming and difficult to kill anything. But I'm nostalgic for it now and it happened only 2-3 weeks ago.
So... you want the game to be pretty much unplayable so that the server has some vague "energy" that you're nostalgic for after three weeks.

Dumb.

Super dumb.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Daybreak should make a TLP server that runs for 2-3 weeks and then starts over again on a continuous cycle. They could call it "The Fresh Server" or something like that.

On green, we're still scrabbling for cracked staffs in some of the newbie yards ( I level slowwww) during normal play times. Though the snakes and beetles are pretty much open game these days.
Closed Thread