Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default I graphed all casters direct damage spells by level

Results are pretty interesting. There's a few takeaways but I just wanted to visualize how both WIS and INT casters.

Something I noticed is that... Wizards kinda suck until end game. Magicians actually out damage them at level 34! All while getting the game's best pets that dish out damage as well. Even at level 44 Mage can nuke for 600 while Wizzys can hit for 625.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=160868683

Of course, At level 49 Wizards finally distance themselves from Mages.

Another note of interest is that Druids simply are great at many things. They are the third best nuker in the game and at low levels up to about 24 there's basically no difference. Up to 40 they're just as good as a nuker than anyone else. Wizzy can nuke for 25% more damage but without the heals/buffs/movement speeds/utility.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wizzy does keep a mana efficiency title through all levels, but never really extends any crazy lead.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

I love it. I honestly think what wizards should have had was strong innate mana regen and half cost spells. Thats all they need to fill that artillery and theyd still be behind rogues.

Also if wizards and mages merged as a class, merging epics and all abilities, enchanters would still be stronger.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Aviak

Wiz spells generally have a lower cast time. Mages max dmg spell is also a bolt spell so that's a negative imo.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

Very nice work, and super interesting. I found it a little weird the graph colors aren't consistent. They don't seem to represent the same class nor the top value, i'm not sure how they allocate.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

One nice QoL change on live was giving Wizards innate crit chance, similar to Fighters in melee.

Made Wizard nukes occasionally give that "whoa!" feeling.

I don't feel like that would be OP here if implemented.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Well done.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-07-2019, 11:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love it. I honestly think what wizards should have had was strong innate mana regen and half cost spells. Thats all they need to fill that artillery and theyd still be behind rogues.

Also if wizards and mages merged as a class, merging epics and all abilities, enchanters would still be stronger.
Spell crits would be nice.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:06 AM
Banned

Cool

This is nice, but druids are still worthless except as EQ Ubers and pet projects for the most obnoxious and antisocial members of polite society to solo and KS on.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:58 AM
Aviak

Awesome content. Just proves how ineffective Wizards are and how nice Mages are.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks guys. Obviously I didn't label second chart but its damage per mana. I used what I could see as the best DD each class had since most have different lines to choose from.

Wizards DO get an upgrade every interval while sometimes mages or Druids had to wait 8-9 levels to get an upgrade. It just does strike me how much parity there is on DD spells up to the 40s.

I think next I'll do DPS just to see how that shakes out.

Agree that Mages, (while it sucks pet spells aren't easy to get) are the best offensive caster. Their DPS is easily the best especially with chain casting pets.

Just seems like Wizards should be given a 30-50% damage boost in the lower levels to make them a truly worthwhile "nuke" class. I just don't see the point beyond getting crazy nukes at 50+.
Closed Thread