Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quarm is great.
Old 10-22-2023, 05:25 PM
Banned

Project Quarm CSR Lead Ailia posted a new experimental DLL file for Quarm. This means Secrets followed through on the initial promise to improve the camera with the current client. See below for details and the place where you can find the new DLL download is on Discord for PQ.

The ultimate release to fix this: Evolution client is still work in progress not due out for sometime.

>>
Ailia < > — Yesterday at 8:42 PM
EXTRA Experimental file with nameplate fix and improved camera smoothness (This does not fix third person mouselook, that is coming soon)
>>
Last edited by Seducio; 10-22-2023 at 05:29 PM..
Old 10-22-2023, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Now if they could just make the camera pan up/down faster it'd be about perfect.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:13 AM
Banned

Yeah just had to come back to say I'm super impressed with the improvements made to the camera system. Still not Titanium level, but much improved compared to PQ on day 1.
Old 10-23-2023, 07:53 AM
Skeleton

Kinda wish you could toggle off the solo-only mode once reaching cap. I'd like to try it but it'd suck to not ever get to raid.

The "group self-found" mode sounds like it would be pointless since you can still trade/do business with people that are also in that mode (right?) so it would be like playing on a smaller server rather than a proper iron-man mode.
Old 10-23-2023, 06:28 PM
Banned

Nice job on the camera stutter fix 👍
Old 10-24-2023, 12:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice job on the camera stutter fix 👍
Nice, will check it out.
Honestly only thing keeping me from Quarm is the camera issues.
Old 10-24-2023, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacres [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda wish you could toggle off the solo-only mode once reaching cap. I'd like to try it but it'd suck to not ever get to raid.

The "group self-found" mode sounds like it would be pointless since you can still trade/do business with people that are also in that mode (right?) so it would be like playing on a smaller server rather than a proper iron-man mode.
I don't think you can trade with other self founders.

I think it just limits you to grouping with self founders and having to be in the group getting exp on the mob to be able to loot a mob.

Anyhow. I'm rolling hcssf. Ill prolly do a hcsf too eventually

This games too easy. There's already level 1s with full rubicites and we killed vox and naggy with a raid average level of 30
Last edited by Meneldor; 10-24-2023 at 01:07 PM..
Old 10-24-2023, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quarm is great.
Man Quarm is amazing!

Even the old mac TAKP Client is getting constant fixes and updates, not to mention that the camera jankiness is a thing of the past with the latest dll patch alongisde the nameplate visibility issue.

On top of that the Discord is full of very nice people, and my favorite, the UI channel has people actively working on rezzing old UIs for Quarm!

Heck they even had to downgrade some old forgotten archived UIS from 2005 as they had an extra spell bubble, and made these uis work without issues!

Honestly alongside the amazing unlocks in the future past Velious, which is what P99 is for, it means I will be able to play without issues a beastlord run for true nostalgia on my side,as of all the classes beastlord was my favorite, and meanwhile I have been slowly grinding my necro and druid for fun meeting truly new people and experiencing classical issues, like Varsoon killing every newbie he can find near BB entrance.

It has been a blast, it has a ton of people playing and honestly I cant really complain, go give it a try!

You can even enable for those retro hardcore people the very OLD ORIGINAL EQ UI ... and it fully works although in a very low resolutiuon, but I know a couple of guys playing it on CRT monitors at base resolution for ultimate vintage nostalgia.

Top that with the old midi songs and even the original 1999 eq combat song by toggling it in the .ini and its a real trip down memory lane.

Love to everybody guys, hope to see some of you there, you can find me there as Ikoparu or Euridun, slowly , very slowly leveling around as I walk, explore and even do simple old quests.

Cheers!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 10-24-2023, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the UI channel has people actively working on rezzing old UIs for Quarm!
Has anyone made a UI yet that doesn't make your eyes bleed from staring at med ticks? Something like Haeldar or Rustle? Or is everyone just recreating more UIs that no one actually wants to use?