Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-03-2023, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Baldurs Gate 3

Released on PC this morning. Ive played a couple of hours, seems promising.

The action is a bit clunky with the turn based mechanics, but I rolled a dragon-person wizard who I will be rolling into a necromancer when I can subclass or whatever the fuck they call it.

Flock to Steam fellow nerds, BG3 is upon us!!
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-03-2023, 03:44 PM
Banned

Jealous, wish my pc could run that. If I didn’t just take out a $45k loan for home repairs I’d be more open to replacing it :/
Old 08-03-2023, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jealous, wish my pc could run that. If I didn’t just take out a $45k loan for home repairs I’d be more open to replacing it :/
upgrade some hardware! it's actually easier than legos (for real)

just shop around for good deals on CPUs, GPUs etc or buy all the parts to assemble your own new PC.

can use a site like this to match component compatibility

https://pcpartpicker.com/
Old 08-03-2023, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

waiting for PS5 release in sept
Old 08-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

I just upgraded my rig for Diablo 4. I had upgraded the GPU previously but the rest of the shit couldnt keep up. Its like going from black and white TV to color TV with the next gen graphics cards, SSD drives, and processors, but it did cost me like $500.

Really enjoying the game so far, there is a ton of attention to detail and the graphics looks great
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-03-2023, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just upgraded my rig for Diablo 4. I had upgraded the GPU previously but the rest of the shit couldnt keep up. Its like going from black and white TV to color TV with the next gen graphics cards, SSD drives, and processors, but it did cost me like $500.

Really enjoying the game so far, there is a ton of attention to detail and the graphics looks great
Yea, lotta different paths you can supposedly take, including allowing yourself to become a mindflayer. There is an option "hive mind" or something that lets you automatically pass dialog/charisma checks, but each time it gives the Mind flayer tadpole in your head more power, eventually you become one, supposedly

Otherwise, charisma does finally matter, because certain dialog choices can only work with a certain successful roll. But it seems like it can be save-scummed to get the rolls you want

At least you can't save scum your starting stats like in previous BG games. There were some people who rolled so many times they finally got the elusive all 18's
Old 08-03-2023, 11:18 PM
Banned

For anyone who didn’t grow up reading Forgotten Realms like I did

The idea came from the original HP Lovecraft books

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 08-04-2023, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

I was going to wait for ps5 because lately I've enjoyed console gaming vs pc, but my friends all picked it up on pc so I bought it to play multiplayer with them...

Oh my oh my! I didn't expect this. This game totally exceeded all my expectations. It reminds me classic dnd turn based rpg games like divinity, nwn, dragon age origins ect, but 100x better. I feel like every choice and dialog option I make is impactful. Combat is actually challenging unlike most games in this genre. You will wipe if you try and phone in the battle....I'm really loving it.

What is going on in the world? I've been waiting for a good video game for years and I get 3 in one year with Zelda totk, d4 and now this?!

I didn't think my old pc would run it because it looks like I don't pass the minimum settings requirements? but it does run on medium settings np! (Ryzen 3/amd 570, old HD not ssd, 16g ram)

My load times are ass but the game runs fine. If you aren't sure if your pc will run it just buy it and request a refund from steam if it has issues. You have 14 days and under 2hrs played to figure out if it'll run for you before requesting a refund.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-04-2023 at 11:24 AM..
Old 08-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Not gonna lie I really thought Conservatives were
going to boycott this game. Let’s just say soooooooo many character creation options.
Old 08-04-2023, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Lol bringing politics into Baldur's Gate 3. The fun never ends here.

I might pick up this game, I don't know. I've been having fun with some racing sims and a few other games I wasn't able to play with my old PC so I don't know where I want to devote my limited gaming time.