Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Yea I have a gobby ring and just over 200 CHA; considering a Kobald Jester Crown so I can dump some CHA slots for HP's (like rings).

Trying not to die is the next step at the moment. Gotta outrun those crocodiles!
Old 11-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Kobold

Jboots are a quality of life item.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I have a gobby ring and just over 200 CHA; considering a Kobald Jester Crown so I can dump some CHA slots for HP's (like rings).

Trying not to die is the next step at the moment. Gotta outrun those crocodiles!
200 cha is just fine and a kobold jester crown has too much neg int. I wouldnt go that route.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buying Jboots makes you a cuck, be a man and get T boots.
Since when does hiring some nolifer (paying him worthless pixel monopoly money, no less) to do some boring, menial job for you make anyone but HIM the "cuck?"

T-boots are fine. I use them on one character because I bought them during one of the periods when J-boots were significantly more expensive. The cast time is, in practice, not a significant problem. That being said, at current prices T-boots are also completely pointless. Buy the J-boots if you want an instant-click runspeed item. Spirit of Wolf potions are always useful for when higher speed is desired if you can spare the additional bag slot.

Danth
Old 11-16-2018, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

Here are some numbers to chew on.

Leveling my warrior from 1 to 57 I decided to go with sow pots instead of jboots. I've used 204 sow pot charges over 11 days /played and with a vendor recharge cost of approximately 12p each chug that comes to 2448 plat spent on sowing. Adding in another 600p to buy the pots puts me at a little over 3k plat so far to sow whenever I feel like it. If I had skipped vendor recharging and instead bought all my pots from the tunnel I could have saved another 1k off that total.

Jboots are slower and more expensive but they do have an advantage in inventory management where you don't have to juggle empty sow pots. If you want to be frugal use sow pots, especially if you don't play the character that often. If you have a little money to spend or if you plan on playing the character for a long time get jboots.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here are some numbers to chew on.

Leveling my warrior from 1 to 57 I decided to go with sow pots instead of jboots. I've used 204 sow pot charges over 11 days /played and with a vendor recharge cost of approximately 12p each chug that comes to 2448 plat spent on sowing. Adding in another 600p to buy the pots puts me at a little over 3k plat so far to sow whenever I feel like it. If I had skipped vendor recharging and instead bought all my pots from the tunnel I could have saved another 1k off that total.

Jboots are slower and more expensive but they do have an advantage in inventory management where you don't have to juggle empty sow pots. If you want to be frugal use sow pots, especially if you don't play the character that often. If you have a little money to spend or if you plan on playing the character for a long time get jboots.
First time I've ever heard of someone recharging sow pots lol.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

I'll recharge them sometimes. The extra 15-20% it costs or whatever over looking for some in ec is money I'm willing to pay sometimes. Ec is an awful place.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-17-2018 at 09:47 AM..
Old 11-17-2018, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Nobody should ever ever buy or cast tboots

Get jboots. They're the best item in the game or maybe tied with water flask
Old 11-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Kobold

No reason for a caster to get TBoots over JBoots in terms of a GCD item, but TBoots are superior in that you don't need to wait in line to stare at a spawn point for hours. I'll probably never have one of Hadden's earrings, but I'd rather use sub-par clickies than turn my limited playtime into spawn camping. Hell, I'd rather do lowbie quests for lore flavor and pointless faction gains. As a rogue kiting blue sand giants, I have enough time to stop and recast TBoots mid-kite, so that's all the utility I really need.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No reason for a caster to get TBoots over JBoots in terms of a GCD item, but TBoots are superior in that you don't need to wait in line to stare at a spawn point for hours. I'll probably never have one of Hadden's earrings, but I'd rather use sub-par clickies than turn my limited playtime into spawn camping. Hell, I'd rather do lowbie quests for lore flavor and pointless faction gains. As a rogue kiting blue sand giants, I have enough time to stop and recast TBoots mid-kite, so that's all the utility I really need.
You realize you can buy a jboot mq for only like 1500 plat more than the tboots cost, right? There's almost no point to the cast time tboots at that price difference when you also have the faster run speed sow pots available if needed while you earn the extra plat to buy a jboot mq.
Closed Thread