Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 10:51 PM
Aviak

Default Dispel shadowbond recourse

Hey guys, I've been playing kind of sloppy, and avoiding dispelling the recourse because I'm limited enough on spellslots as is, and I usually don't run out of mana in groups so it's not a problem to toss out a deflux or vexing on occasion to counter the hp loss.

That said, I'd like to get better, so I was just wondering what the ideal way to do this is.

Do you want to leave your top slot empty, so that recourse falls into that?

Should you use cancel magic, or a higher level dispel?

Finally, I've noticed a few times lately that dispel doesn't necessarily remove the top buff first. If I'm in a group, accidentally dispelling my DMF, Shield of Magi, or group buffs would be a way bigger pain in the ass than just hitting a deflux to make up my hp loss. Is there a chance you will dispel your other buffs that are not in the top slot? Any way to mitigate that?
Old 12-02-2018, 08:23 AM
Fire Giant

If you are iksar, don't bother dispelling. Like you said, it's easy to dispell everything else as well, which can be very bad. And you do not suffer the same amount that you heal because of PvP code (players get less spell damage from players). Usually you do not need to leech very much in order to heal pretty good.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Using junk buff clicked for your top 3 or for slots and making sure to keep your top one open is what I do. However I really only do it that way when needing to stay liched is important. Like a duo.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Was a thread on this a few years back.

Does recourse override buffs? On live, would just keep full buffs and Shadowbound + POS wouldn't take hold.

If not, just keep full buffs and don't need to worry about dispelling.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally, I've noticed a few times lately that dispel doesn't necessarily remove the top buff first. If I'm in a group, accidentally dispelling my DMF, Shield of Magi, or group buffs would be a way bigger pain in the ass than just hitting a deflux to make up my hp loss. Is there a chance you will dispel your other buffs that are not in the top slot? Any way to mitigate that?
No way to change it. Since the dispell changes went in ages ago, the buff that will be taken is random. No point junk buffing top 3 or 4 any more other than OCD.

Changes went in back in July 2017 (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=277618)

Haynar: Cancel magic spell line changed to a more accurate model with the appropriate functionality of the classic timeline.
Closed Thread