Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 08:51 AM
Sarnak

PoM is my favorite zone to solo in. Get a tour, run around....explore....and kill some things. The flowers are nice junk buffs, the cloak of confusion is amazing, and the robe is one of the best robes you can get. At 58 you can kill the A4 halflings solo, but you'll certainly be eating some deaths. The 72 minute timer is a hassle but you can also kill the rest of Alice and wonderland for the lesser cards, and the treasure chest in the middle of the main room that can also drop thrones. Once you are 60, it's always fun to hit the 3 days spawns as well. I usually try to do them but I've seen at least the rabbit soled before.

The only thing about the class specific armor is you have to make the dolls, which isnt cheap and left totally up to chance when turning in. Some people have spent waaaaay to much time and money only to get the dolls they dont want. So tread lightly because your sanity will be tested.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Banned

I consider the PoM armor to be the non-raiding grinder's ultimate challenge. The stats (on most pieces) are better, but the amount of time and money to acquire said pieces is staggering. I bound in PoM a while ago with lofty goals to farm A4...it just wasn't for me.

I'd recommend farming plat for the Skyshrine MQs. Keep an eye on /who kael and try to get tags on Statue / AoW for fast and easy dragon faction if you aren't ally. Good enchanters that haven't tanked their velk faction can freely walk around velks, making it easy to get to camps like BM and Frenzy.

If you like grouping, King in seb for the Fungi lottery is always good. Soloing crypt is possible but definitely not for the faint of heart. NG is a very chill spot to solo but you can only expect about 1k / hr there.

I've seen some enchanters solo the OT cliff golem for the torpor lottery as well. Just do whatever you find to be fun that also happens to generate decent platinum....it'll come.

Save up, get yourself a full set of SS gear (don't bother with the gloves, Coldain Skin Gloves are better), and consider yourself "done" with those item slots.

Anything else in the game (outside of ToV / Tormax / Tunare / other high end raid targets) is going to be marginally better at best. Get a +6 neck, orb of infinite void, sickly glowing orb, etc. Do the Helssen's Prismatic Trinket quest solo (its fun), finish your epic, etc.

Now that I think of it, the two PoM items you should be looking to acquire is the Belt of Inconsistency (slight upgrade from spider fur belt) and the Cloak of Confusion (non-end-game-raider BiS, possibly BiS anyway). These you can simply buy the cards for and acquire w/o having to deal with getting those stupid dolls.

Phew, I've been more long winded than I think I needed to be. Here's the TLDR I-Wanna-Farm-A-Ton-Of-Plat-And-Get-Good-Gear List:

Arms: SS
Back: PoM Cloak of Confusion
Chest: SS
Ear 1: Helssen's
Ear 2: Earring of Essence
Face: Maple Leaf Mask
Feet: SS
Ring 1: Djarns
Ring 2: dunno w/e
Hands: Coldain Skin Gloves
Head: SS
Legs: SS
Neck: +6
Shoulders: Neriad Shawl (upgrade to Wind Walker's Mantle from Sky if you can ever raid up there and you're way over CHA cap)
Waist: PoM Belt of Inconsistency
Wrist 1 / 2: SS

Epic, Orb of Infinite Void, Sickly Glowing Orb

That's a TON of plat / items to farm and quest for. Should keep you busy for at least 500 hours unless you're a god-tier farmer.

edit: well, shit....just noticed ALS tag. Oh well, I'll leave this up in case another up-and-coming enchanter is looking for a gear list.
Last edited by kjs86z; 12-07-2018 at 11:22 AM..
Old 12-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Pom IS a cool place to explore and learn. It's just that the only camp "worth it" from a loot perspective is 3 mobs on a 72-min timer that is very heavily sought after.

It's really a shame the drop ratio on crowns isn't a bit better so that it made the garden and the chessboard and other random mobs that (I think) can drop crowns worth doing instead of just logging off if aiw4 is taken.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: well, shit....just noticed ALS tag. Oh well, I'll leave this up in case another up-and-coming enchanter is looking for a gear list.
Laughed pretty good at that.
Thanks for the response Toxigen. I enjoy reading your posts here.

Its tough to make a lot of raids but once and awhile I do. SS and most of that list is def obtainable from ALS/Aegis raids. Will just take time!

Ill def prob beat my head against the card wall for awhile and see what happens. The PoM robe is pretty snazzy with stats and fashionquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks again!

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-08-2018, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

nothing in pom is worth it unless you can afford to just buy everything you need from there.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-08-2018, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

PoM robe besides the Vulak robe is the best for any ench who is not a HIE. The extra cha will allow you to more than make up for that 30 hp from SS by freeing up more room for pure hp items. Cloak is a given, it is the BiS. Belt is eh if you are that committed to the game then might as well wait your turn in the pixel parade and focus on clickies at that point. Probably out of most scopes but the clicky scale of wolf items while limited can make for some impressive run down on red.

tl;dr
dont roll HIE
Old 12-10-2018, 08:15 AM
Fire Giant

I honestly think we're talking fashion quest mainly unless you are really in to min/max'ing when considering the five velious armor robes for the ENC. The jump from either of them up to Vulak's robe is pretty big but the difference between them is negligible. We are talking about +/- 8charisma, 5-7 stamina and 10-30 hp depending on which one you go for with none of them offering pure upside.

Ranking them for fasion quest I personally think Kael Drakkal (Dazzler's Robe) wins but that is obviously just my opinion.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly think we're talking fashion quest mainly unless you are really in to min/max'ing when considering the five velious armor robes for the ENC. The jump from either of them up to Vulak's robe is pretty big but the difference between them is negligible. We are talking about +/- 8charisma, 5-7 stamina and 10-30 hp depending on which one you go for with none of them offering pure upside.

Ranking them for fasion quest I personally think Kael Drakkal (Dazzler's Robe) wins but that is obviously just my opinion.
True but also talking most obtainable with not be able to raid much and also not being able to MQ Armor.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-12-2018, 03:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True but also talking most obtainable with not be able to raid much and also not being able to MQ Armor.
Anything not requiring a dazzler doll is obtainable without using the regular market in a reasonable time. But a mischievous dazzler doll...i'd have to think you'll be investing a year+ just getting the doll, unless you have a static group to farm puppets and even then...uhf. I've heard of people making 10-20 dolls and getting the same wizard, mage, druid dolls over and over.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah for sure, was more of a general comment. PoM is definitely 100% soloable. I've solo'd Thurg armor at kael 4-way on my necro many a time but not sure how much of a pita it is for an ENC due to giants being undercons. But definitely doable. In both instances the drop rates are very low.
Closed Thread