Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

All of this goes to show why EQ needs an upgraded design in many areas. Spending 6 hours of your life (usually much more) sitting at a completely boring camp for an earring that's rarely even relevant on a PvE server. Not good. It also shows why PvP-style p99 is better than PvE. Much more interesting to be able to fight others within level range to claim a camp.

I generally don't believe in KSing as something that exists in the first place. Whichever group does the most damage to a target is who gets the kill. It's a form of competition I welcome, and in EQ it just becomes such a negative thing because of itemization, static content, and how much inherent downtime there can be. People actively trolling someone by following them around and killing everything they try to fight is an actual problem, and in that case my policy would be to have the GM's summon PvE mobs that attack the troll in question, or jail them perhaps. Maybe some kind of alignment system too.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

hello researchers from 2068 about to find first diagnosable cases of yet to be named mental illnesses
Old 01-27-2019, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hello researchers from 2068 about to find first diagnosable cases of yet to be named mental illnesses
Those guys are having fun?!! Playing a VIDYA GAAAAME?!?!?
Old 01-27-2019, 04:44 AM
Orc

This thread has been fun to read.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread has been fun to read.
Quality read indeed ^^
Last edited by Diogene; 01-27-2019 at 05:09 AM..
Old 01-27-2019, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

What is it about hadden that attracts all the weird drama? It's like the jersey shore of norrath
Old 01-27-2019, 07:57 AM
Kobold

Shouldn't this be shoved into RnF at this point with no lube? Smh.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't this be shoved into RnF at this point with no lube? Smh.
That is the true take away from all of this. How a thread is filed definitely trumps insanity.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

I have spent many minutes reading this entire thread. The one thing I take away from this is...

Why does Drest fixate on the guys name and tranny status? And how the fuck does he even know the tranny status? If he doesn't know it, why is he assuming the tranny status?

I'm so confused.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have spent many minutes reading this entire thread. The one thing I take away from this is...

Why does Drest fixate on the guys name and tranny status? And how the fuck does he even know the tranny status? If he doesn't know it, why is he assuming the tranny status?

I'm so confused.
It's very clear one person was trying to behave with a modicum of human decency, and the other got to act like an imbecile inbred. What's sad is they got away with it.
Closed Thread