Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Kael Faction

Hello currently i am lvling up my Troll Shadowknight named Zeppelin, right now he is 39. Right now i am focusing on Kael faction by killing Coldains. I am wondering if there is a guild who is on that faction or are there anyone who wants to faction with me. You can always send me a message in game on Zeppelin
Old 01-25-2019, 07:18 PM
Aviak

Can I just recommend that you don't go for Kael faction until you're completely done with Thurg/SS. For example; Scout bracer, Coldain Ring, and easier access into Velious armor. If you go straight into raiding or gear hunting at 60 with no intent on using thurg or ss early on, you will be wearing EC tunnel armor for a long time.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireapple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I just recommend that you don't go for Kael faction until you're completely done with Thurg/SS. For example; Scout bracer, Coldain Ring, and easier access into Velious armor. If you go straight into raiding or gear hunting at 60 with no intent on using thurg or ss early on, you will be wearing EC tunnel armor for a long time.
I believe what the OP is trying to do is gain faction for Thurg/SS by killing Giants in Kael. If he doesn't kill enough Giants then his Thurg/SS won't be high enough for the items/armor you mentioned.

OP, go to Kael and ask groups if you can tag the mob. This way you'll get the faction without them losing the XP.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaggoner2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello currently i am lvling up my Troll Shadowknight named Zeppelin, right now he is 39. Right now i am focusing on Kael faction by killing Coldains. I am wondering if there is a guild who is on that faction or are there anyone who wants to faction with me. You can always send me a message in game on Zeppelin
Its not like live where guilds would be one faction or the other. You can change faction as fast as a day if you know what youre doing.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe what the OP is trying to do is gain faction for Thurg/SS by killing Giants in Kael. If he doesn't kill enough Giants then his Thurg/SS won't be high enough for the items/armor you mentioned.

OP, go to Kael and ask groups if you can tag the mob. This way you'll get the faction without them losing the XP.
OP literally wrote that he’s killing Coldain so idk why you would post this comment
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

There are few benefits to being on giant faction.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-26-2019, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the greatest being fashionquest (for many class armors at least)
Old 01-27-2019, 05:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you like to solo dragons in west wastes it's pretty nice. Otherwise yeah, not such a great idea. People on this server much prefer to be on SS faction for more quests and quest armor with better stats.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

If custom content is ever a thing it'd be nice to have some giant faction incentives ^^
Old 01-27-2019, 09:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If custom content is ever a thing it'd be nice to have some giant faction incentives ^^
Agreed. The giants really got the short end of the stick out of the factions on Velious. They drop some of the best loot outside of ToV (NToV) and ST (RIP), their armor quests are meh. They don't have any epic quest lines like the coldain shawl / ring.

While everyone eventually ends up killing dragons in the end there is no real incentive to become friends with the 'riff / 'zek, other than for corpse runs during failed Tormax / AoW raids, or scouting.

The Krom on Velious were probably intended to be on an equal footing with the Coldain in order to give the players a choice but the higher ups decided they needed a villian. The Krom were the most alien out of the two, since dwarves where already a player race.

I feel like there should have been two sections to Kael, just like Thurg. A basic city zone and all the raid targets tucked beyond.

Kinda like Firiona Vie and The Overthere, I guess?

*minus the raid targets, of course.