Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 02:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know the pop is low but if you toke everyone afk on blue and knocked them offline i bet it would be aleast 30-40% the population.
You don't honestly think 600-700 people are constantly afk on blue, do you?
Old 01-28-2019, 02:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It really is getting to the point where pvp would solve more and more of the bullshit that goes on here on the blue server...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...it also means Joe Casual is liable to get torn a new asshole by a deleveled ToV geared rogue while trying to camp pieces of their epic.
- On an basic level the PvP gameplay and meta in EQ is horrible and un-fun..
Swish, instead of always bringing up how the red style of play can solve blue's problems, can I hear some of your ideas of how, just like similar non-classic functions exist on blue as deemed necessary by the staff, what can be done on red through staff involvement to make it a more enjoyable, fair-minded atmosphere that may some day bring "life" back to the red population? Perhaps even do something, as mentioned by Lune here, to "even" out items such as TOV level gear on a CB bound rogue of say level 12 or so?
Old 01-28-2019, 03:28 AM
Aviak

Come to Red and put this AC camp insanity to bed. There are time the AC roams untouched for the entire time he's up.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 01-28-2019, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come to Red and put this AC camp insanity to bed. There are time the AC roams untouched for the entire time he's up.
Sounds good. Can use my new boots to run to meet a non-existant group an all of the empty zones!
Old 01-28-2019, 05:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds good. Can use my new boots to run to meet a non-existant group an all of the empty zones!
Isn't there at least some raid logging people on red that only camp in to kill raid spawns to ensure they can forever dominate by de lvling characters and destroying anyone who makes the mistake of rolling a toon on red?
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 01-28-2019, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish, instead of always bringing up how the red style of play can solve blue's problems, can I hear some of your ideas of how, just like similar non-classic functions exist on blue as deemed necessary by the staff, what can be done on red through staff involvement to make it a more enjoyable, fair-minded atmosphere that may some day bring "life" back to the red population? Perhaps even do something, as mentioned by Lune here, to "even" out items such as TOV level gear on a CB bound rogue of say level 12 or so?
GM involvement/events would be the only way to inject more life into red. They were talking about hiring more volunteers for the project. Get 2 red only guides (or whose priority is the red community at least) to run events with newbie level rewards - things like see invis items or magic resist/HP gear. Doesn't have to be server changing.

Red still has potential. Most of the old guard have quit, you won't find the twinks you used to see in Unrest/MM causing problems for untwinked players.

It's all down to what the devs want to do at the end of the day. I'd say if they don't want to help it get off the ground to just wipe it and merge red characters into blue...I've been trying for a long time to get more people there but it needs more than blue server login issues to get us back up beyond 250 again.

With all that said, all the rule lawyering and forcing volunteers into sorting blue server camp disputes is embarrassing for a bunch of 30-something/40-something year old players.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2019, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a small problem solving benefit to pvp but it is far outweighed by the fact that:

- PvP is mostly intolerable in EQ. Yea you can fight for the AC camp but it also means Joe Casual is liable to get torn a new asshole by a deleveled ToV geared rogue while trying to camp pieces of their epic.
- On an basic level the PvP gameplay and meta in EQ is horrible and un-fun.

I played on Rallos Zek on live and while it had its fun moments that is not an experience I ever have the will to relive. Judging by the population of red I'm far from alone in that sentiment. And Red99 doesn't even have item loot; my most fun PvP experiences were jacking people's beloved items.
EQ's mechanics need to be changed significantly, but PvP is still immensely better than the alternative of standing around doing nothing and having totally static content. With PvP the world at least feels alive again.

Twinking issues could and should be fixed, as there was nobody with this level of gear during the classic timeline, and those few people with top raid gear were certainly not deleveling their characters.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. I often oocd he was up to see the two druids online come for a showdown. Someone even gave me a free ring
Old 01-28-2019, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2;2849278[img
https://i.imgur.com/J8bfqR5.png[/img]
Old 01-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Good work OP uncovering the shadiness going on at AC camp. I wouldn't spend my time doing what you did, but kudos to you. Doubt the staff is going to do anything, unless they claim it was a confirmed agreement and they'll enforce it?

If you're really intent on farming ac and suspect the person in front of you is in some sort of cabal, you're probably best just sitting next to them and claiming the camp when they log off. If you want to be transparent you can even tell them that you're taking the camp when they leave.
Closed Thread