Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

I considered red.

Scowling, ready to attack. I guess I need to do more faction work
Old 01-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a real women! Depression told me so!
Is that two boys in your avatar?
Old 01-28-2019, 01:48 PM
Banned

Yes
Last edited by Qtip; 01-28-2019 at 01:52 PM..
Old 01-28-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Ill join red if you prove to me that a level 60 can kill a level 1 in kael drakkel.. Because that actually isn't true. Prove me wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

I played red for 3 hours when log in server for blue was down. Me and 4 other guildees made bards (all of us) and had a bit of fun. Leveling was stupidly fast for better or worse.

Then blue server logins came back up and global red population dropped back to 30.

No thanks. It’s a ghost town.

In my final 2 hours on red I encountered 2 different low level fungi twinks in Gfay killing naked level 3-6 toons and another different one in Crushbone.

No thanks. Fair and actually pvp is unlikely to be had.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-28-2019, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Would genuinely like to play red if I had a couple friends who were willing.

I have a 44 warrior I'd love to continue to level
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 01-28-2019, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Stoppinswords was a cool dude! (I think that was his name, right enj?)
Old 01-28-2019, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stoppinswords was a cool dude! (I think that was his name, right enj?)
Yep that's me!

Been collecting dust in CoM for a while now /:
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 01-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of effort was put into the start of this thread, respect.

Red EQ is so much better and too many blue players have incorrect viewpoints about it. The biggest one seems to be people looking at the server population and immediately assuming Blue is better since it has much higher numbers. This is a bad assumption, as Blue is too overcrowded and Red has global /ooc. The whole community being able to interact (and thus form groups) with global /ooc actually makes a Red server with around 300 people feel much more alive than a current Blue server with 1,500+ people. Those people on Blue are mainly just crowding around the same areas and locking out content from others, so there are tons of ghost towns and artificial bottlenecks, whereas on Red you can go to any zone in the game, have the chance to compete, and still be able to interact with the community if you want to play in a "dead" zone. This feature hearkens back to MUDs from the 90's, which is was Everquest was based on in the first place, and it feels great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50% bonus exp not classic.
It's actually much higher than 50% when grouped. Leveling on red is so much better than blue. Don't act like everyone doesn't love the exp bonus weekends that blue server gets from holidays. The game is old and can become tedious; being able to grow characters faster (but without use powerlevel/twink cheats - actually just playing the game with other people of your level) is a much better feeling in this day and age. Note that Red is inherently more difficult though, because of the PvP factor. So while it has this exp bonus, it's also there to offset the time you will be engaging in PvP, which doesn't give exp. The PvP makes the game feel so much more alive and it's generally not much of a factor during the low/mid levels - the tales of twinked people going around killing lowbies are vastly exaggerated.

What the server needs is an entire guild to migrate from Blue to Red. In the past there were big superguilds that blocked new guilds from becoming competitive enough on Red, but currently that is not the case, it's now very open. If a sizeable guild (or multiple!) were to move from Blue, they'd be able to quickly level up to 60 together on Red and start engaging in real competition for the high-end content, instead of the shitshow that Blue server is. I strongly encourage some of the "non-uber" or "second tier" Blue guilds to move over to Red, you will be able to experience the game in a much better form.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:53 PM
Banned

Haha as somebody who just started on red, plans to spend a majority of his P99 time on red now, and loving it.. There are things to take away from all this. 1- Yes the population number is a huge factor... And the thought of boxing steered me clear. But now that i'm on red, i could care less who's boxing..

The blue server going down brought some fresh life over here, but it needs more. Red players need to log in and play red now, or come back from their breaks. Blue players need to keep chugging along with their friends that made toons on red. And the folks grinding red every day need to keep being polite and patient. Everybody has been great on red so far. For people who are super casual- Red is where you will flourish! I saw consistent 70-80 pop on there all weekend!

As somebody who played only blue.. Nows the time for red, it has momentum.. Push!!!!
Closed Thread