Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 12:21 PM
Kobold

Default Leveling while farming gems guide

I know that I could just Farm pp and buy gems, but say I wanted to just farm all my gems for my chanter as I leveled up a different toon. What camps would I do? Some level range overlap would be good because farming specs for 9 levels could get old. I’ll start:

Lvl 1-4 a pixie trixter in Greater Faydark/Felwithe noob area.

41-49 specs in The Feerrott and Oasis of Marr
Old 01-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Aviak

Yetis in DL drop our Rune reagent gems. Level 40-45 iirc. I got a few stacks of Peridot off them which was nice avoiding the 200pp cost per stack.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

I think your best bet to get started is to just check the wiki page for each gem you want. For instance, the Peridot page has a very healthy list of mobs you could consider which all drop Peridots.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:04 PM
Banned

Loio fort - lower end gems.

How do I know? When farming for BoH you end up with quite a few jaspers, rose quartz, topaz, emeralds etc.
Last edited by White_knight; 01-28-2019 at 02:08 PM..
Old 01-28-2019, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loio fort - lower end gems.

How do I know? When farminf for BoH you end up with quite a few jaspers, rose quartz, topaz, emeralds etc.
Ya that is a nice spot.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

5-35 guktop. 35-53 guk bottom. 53-60 guk2 (Seb).
Old 01-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think your best bet to get started is to just check the wiki page for each gem you want. For instance, the Peridot page has a very healthy list of mobs you could consider which all drop Peridots.
Yes, this is method I usually use but then I thought it would be nice to draw upon the experience of the community to try to find the best areas that check off a couple of boxes at once.

Fighting mobs that drop gems we want is a given but what else can we accomplish simultaneously?

If we look at the link, griffins and specters are both on there to drop peridots however there is quite a bit of difference when hunting those two mobs. Specs are good because they also drop scythes, are weak to undead spells, have vendors nearby, and you can quad them. Calling out specs on this list would be decidedly better than griffins which can’t be quaded, don’t have any specific weaknesses, don’t drop good pp items(besides gems) and aren’t necessarily near a vendor.

The Sarnak fort is a good idea because you can also get a bracer of the hidden at the same time as farming gems.

Pixies are good because you can get pixie dust drops which you can turn in for a quest for xp, and I think are also used for an epic. Also there are wolves nearby that are possibly PH’s for the pixies which can be one shotted and drop high quality wolf pelt.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:34 AM
Kobold

According to the wiki, geonids in crystal caverns drop blue diamond. I think this is incorrect and you have to wait until the wakening lands until you can get good gems to craft with. Geos in crystal caverns drop a lot of chipped gems which vend well but not exactly going with the theme of this guide
Old 01-30-2019, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Farm the scarab queen in NK(?) or one of the Karanas. She can definitely drop a BD.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Indirectly get gems from kobold scouts in tox. Useless hats quest gets u a random gem up to emerald being the best.
Closed Thread