Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recharging items on live back in the day must have been an adventure each time.
People didnt know about recharges in this era
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Kobold

Once you sell an item to a merchant, you've relenquished all claim to that item until you buy it back and it's in your inventory.

Can't fault people who utilize game mechanics (buying items from merchants) the way they were intended.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"It's not my fault I robbed that house, officer - they left their front door unlocked!"

Or try:

"Why would she dress that way? That's stupid and she got what was coming to her."

Not surprised in the slightest though. I would expect nothing less from the fine citizens of RnF.
More like: I dropped a fungi tunic in the middle of EC tunnel for transferring to my alt.. and someone TOOK it!!! What has this server come to? Have they no decency? Oh what a world!
Old 03-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

It's like if you sold a guitar to a pawn shop IRL when you needed rent money, then a month later when you come back someone bought it and you threaten to call the cops on that guy.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We all know you have one of the largest hate boners for ALS on the server, but why bring it up in a tangentially related thread like this? You already find enough places to force it in. Also nobody is calling ALS a roleplay guild, yikes.
Because apparently our Kaesora library bonding session meant NOTHING to you. You took our friendship and threw it in the trash.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you sell an item to a merchant, you've relenquished all claim to that item until you buy it back and it's in your inventory.
This.

Recharging can be a risky business. If you choose to do it in a populated area, you take it to a whole new level of risk and can’t really complain if someone buys your stuff.

Was it a dick move? Sure. Was it actually wrong? No.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Great thread.

Blue rule set is dumb anyways. Anything legal is valid and should be used without second thought. I look forward to the new meta game of merchant killing and vendor sniping.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not the victim. It was a douche move. I am just appalled at how whiny and butthurt some people are
You bought items you knew someone was recharging. Items they likely camped or quested for hours. Why do you think that's okay?

Doesn't P99 have a "Play Nice" policy? Is buying items that someone else is obviously recharging "Playing Nice?" It wasn't like the guy innocently bought the stuff. He knew they were recharging and took advantage of the situation. Regardless of it "being dumb they were recharging in a public spot," that's still not a valid excuse to steal their stuff.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

If only playing nice was an enforceable rule (it isnt)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

People who are A-ok with douchebag raid leapfrogging seem to be very butthurt about vendor leapfrogging.
Closed Thread