Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 08:06 PM
Large Bat

Default The Hole Key

A friend and I have been Duoing in the zone, however neither has a key. We would just drop down the pond area and would work our way up the ramp. This has been working great, however luckily when reading the wiki I just found out that is exactly where Master Yael spawns and seeing as how I just turned 58 I'm not gonna drop down there anymore on the off chance he is up.

Now the question IS,

The wiki says to buy the key to the hole you just need to be an evil race, yet when you click on the like to the actual "key to the hole" it talks a bunch about raising faction in the warrens. Which is accurate? Can an Ogre shaman just buy the key or does it take a bunch of grinding rep in the warrens to be able to buy it?
Old 03-17-2019, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

You will need to grind out some faction as an Ogre
Old 03-17-2019, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Wiki specifically says you need apprehensive to buy it.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Well, you need amiable to buy paineel key, but anyone can open you the elevator. The hole key itself is sold by a merchant, so yes the needed faction is apprehensive, like any other merchant.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:33 AM
Kobold

Can get a friendly necro to skelly nuke you to buy the Hole Key.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:00 AM
Sarnak

Slaughter the Warrens for an hour or two... make sure you get all the Named cobalds in the big room where King pops, and the side rooms.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:04 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryKobold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A friend and I have been Duoing in the zone, however neither has a key. We would just drop down the pond area and would work our way up the ramp. This has been working great, however luckily when reading the wiki I just found out that is exactly where Master Yael spawns and seeing as how I just turned 58 I'm not gonna drop down there anymore on the off chance he is up.

Now the question IS,

The wiki says to buy the key to the hole you just need to be an evil race, yet when you click on the like to the actual "key to the hole" it talks a bunch about raising faction in the warrens. Which is accurate? Can an Ogre shaman just buy the key or does it take a bunch of grinding rep in the warrens to be able to buy it?
He's almost never up very long, you don't really need to worry about Yael.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

On the off chance he is up and you get DT'd, he is killed quite fast so if you just sit at the drop down lip you'll see when a group jumps to kill him. They will most likely have a cleric.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 AM
Kobold

You can zone into paineel key by going to the zone out room near the docks/broken gate in the hole, sneak behind the vendor that sells the hole key and purchase it.

Just be careful inside paineel because you might have some mobs KOS to you.

Also you will need to be let out by someone who has the key.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Kobold

Just to note. Entering through the normal entrance instead of jumping down... you'll need to fight your way in through a lot of greens/light blues to get deeper in. The entrance to the Hole is mostly green at lvl 58 until you get into the castle.

FTR I did the faction work and bought the keys to Paineel/Hole legit. DE SK.
Closed Thread