Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear you. Pantheon is starting to ramp up, but they are redoing a lot of art assets, which tells me they are a year or two from Beta still.

With regard to Green, everything that Loramin has stated is accurate based on the comments from the devs. Until the final patch before Luclin is applied to the Blue server, we will not see a Green server.

The two releases might be neck and neck, Haggle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice! Kind of wish I didn't give all my shit away when I left P99, I've got the itch again but I'm definitely not grinding my way up from nothing again. Reserving that for P99 Green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2019, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First one under Daybreak's management.

OMG secrets haven't seen you post in ages. It's lightblade from hunters old realm.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your goal in life is to "make Loramin 'sperg out and type walls of text", you need new life goals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He does this for a life. He climbed all over my ass and then wait for it... he got quiet and Llandris strolled in and started slashing suspects.

Aaezil is a fool, wish they could silence him.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, then allow me to crush that hope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The only consistent thing the devs have been saying since the beginning (besides "we're going to make a true classic server someday") is that they will never add Luclin on P99.

Really, if you want a true classic P99-style Luclin server, you're going to have to do what the P99 team did and make everything from scratch (well, from the stock EQEmulator code at least) ... or you'll have to settle for a less-classic version (which allows boxing) like that Tak server. The P99 team has a virtually zero chance of involvement, and they have been nothing but clear and consistent about this for a decade.
Your accurate man. I've read posts in the past as in 3 years ago from staff talking about luclin in discussion and polls were taken. They would've never asked for polls if they didn't suspect it was feasible.

Why there has to be people who are dead certain this or that will or will not happen is beyond me. Acting like they have Rogean or nilbogs cell number and have regular slumber parties with em.

Everything is pure speculation. However you provided proof of continued support from daybreak in the way of allowing expansions as they deem OK to release.

And why would we need a green server anyhow. Would it not be easier to server wipe here and restart the journey then to run a new server from fresh start and an old one?
Old 03-19-2019, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He does this for a life. He climbed all over my ass and then wait for it... he got quiet and Llandris strolled in and started slashing suspects.

Aaezil is a fool, wish they could silence him.
triggered!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:56 AM
Fire Giant

Sigh
Old 03-19-2019, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sigh
exactly what i did when you posted rmt links!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:34 AM
Kobold

i would be excited about an october green server.

my 2 biggest things are:

if the plan is to eventually merge blue and green, what's the plan for duplicate names?

my thoughts are raiding will continue on blue as normal for a while and be largely unchanged until green gets kunark. once velious comes out, this is particularly fantastic because having two instances of ToV will allow more players to contest ToV loot. additionally, this plan helps deal with warder loot woes.