Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Default Bard Kiting - 101

Hey guys, I know there has always been a ton of information in here for bard kiting and how to do it. I've put together a couple videos to help teach people by seeing instead of reading. However it is like riding a bike, it takes some time and trying and deaths, but when you get it and figure it out. Well the rest of your levels are history!

Bard Kiting - 101 - FV

Bard Kiting - 102 - OT

I am in the process of getting more videos made with other zones and when I hit 54 and the game changes I will post those as well. If there is anything else you would like to see or made more clear, please let me know in a PM or respond to this thread. Cheers my fellow Bards!
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 02-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

Cheers Lyrith! Great videos, I myself kited from 2 to 30. It really is a LOT of fun and can be frustrating at times. Big note to make is be courteous!

There are a lot of people who despise bard kiting because they have been shit on by bards that just run right through them or don't leave ANYTHING up for them to xp on.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Agreed, it's always a hard call to make. If you watch my videos you will see I make an effort to always leave mobs up in an area where I see a group. But sadly those people see me run through the area and think I am taking them.

Then in FV I do take mobs in the area before groups on ledge, due to them unable to keep the area clear...

Lot of people just have bard hate, because they assume bards are always powerleveling someone or something else. I don't think for a minute if those same people were playing a bard and could kill stuff without having to med/rest they wouldn't be doing the same thing.

I have yet to have an issue that got a petition, but I always communicate and work it out with people. Even though we don't see eye to eye, it can almost always be resolved. Even in these videos you will see a guy that feels like he died to me and was cussing me out. And we resolved it, he sends me tells everyday so far, and I rezzed him.

Last Note: Bard Kiting 103/104 coming in the following week! So stay tuned!

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 02-16-2015, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

You have a bard name Tander and your twich username is Zandar_the_legend.

Both of these names have similarities to another bard I know.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Lemme know when you do BW - I tried by the DL zone and met with mixed results last year and I run on an SSD, so not sure where the stutter came from....other than it being all trees. Haven't touched my bard since.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

BW is not really made for bards. There are like 10x more casters than in OT and pretty much every non caster has sow. I have been duoing with a bard there to speed things up but something will go wrong so clerics are a must to keep the exp going. The hornets also lag a lot more with the wings flapping, couple that with the trees and I've spun 180 with a kite on me many times.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Yarp, I mostly pull skellies and bugs and I'll get a ton of the train down then have the mobs appear on my ass out of nowhere.

Eh I was trying to do 50-54 there, wasn't really in the mood for KC.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a bard name Tander and your twich username is Zandar_the_legend.

Both of these names have similarities to another bard I know.
Lol! Zander, I wish I was as cool as you!

Zandar was my role playing name from back in Mushs/Muds and D&D. Sadly I was unable to get it on this server. "The Legend" part comes from me originally planning to stream the game Destiny.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scikala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lemme know when you do BW - I tried by the DL zone and met with mixed results last year and I run on an SSD, so not sure where the stutter came from....other than it being all trees. Haven't touched my bard since.
Going to try and get videos up soonish, been really sick this last week. =( DL works fine for me 9/10 pulls. But 1 in 10 I get some weird duck bug and obviously the slower walk speed kills me.

Trying to figure out the best way to do BW now...

Old 02-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to try and get videos up soonish, been really sick this last week. =( DL works fine for me 9/10 pulls. But 1 in 10 I get some weird duck bug and obviously the slower walk speed kills me.

Trying to figure out the best way to do BW now...
No no I mean in BW at the DL zone, flat and alone, but filled with trees. I havent actually tried DL...mostly because of the spider casters and what not. Plus, tons of people usually there, figure OT was enough of people complaining.

Feel better, constantly below zero here, so I could be on deaths door myself!
Closed Thread