Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Scikala, I get FAR fewer complaints in DL compared to FV or OT. Basically if you stay off that west wall at KC you are fine. Skeleton camps to pull, birds, and Drovargs a plenty on the North/East sides, then you come in far south on the zoneline area so your train doesn't come through KC and kill people fighting.

I will try to get a video up in the next couple days. My health is finally starting to come back to me! =)
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 02-20-2015, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

I'll give it a whirl. Stripped the bard and went to red last year, so I'll have to juggle some gear on my characters on Blue and give it a short....though I leveled to 50 naked the first time haha.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Banned

didnt you drag your kite right onto that bard and social agro and kill him in video one? nice one..

and hey tips & tricks.. if you get a caster or that frog you were having trouble with, dont zone.. just charm it and send it into the pack of social agro mobs and they make it disappear. (edit oh i see you mention that sorry! still skeptical as to whether or not you wiped that other bard.. :P)

third edit, lmao yea you definitely trained that bard XD
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 02-20-2015 at 09:44 PM..
Old 02-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

eh looks like the two groups got too close together and since Tander hadn't started his dot yet, the other dudes dot picked up his mobs..

he didn't really train that bard, the bard trained himself..quick question, would 2 bards running the same dot double the dmg on the mobs? or can they only be affected by one at a time
Old 02-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Large Bat

Good stuff. Need more[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2015, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eh looks like the two groups got too close together and since Tander hadn't started his dot yet, the other dudes dot picked up his mobs..

he didn't really train that bard, the bard trained himself..quick question, would 2 bards running the same dot double the dmg on the mobs? or can they only be affected by one at a time
One bard doing damage up to like 70% then the other bard can just follow in the center of the pack and will usually keep agro on bard 1 and you're free to just chill, following and dotting for double damage with a second song. Once you get aoe slow the other bard can start dotting at 100% one bard cN do two songs but often not easily or efficiently getting both to stick every pass so two is great fun, really makes it easier in Burning woods.

Also it's not the best form to pull your kite right into another bard, especially with social agro mobs. I would definitely have to say Tander was at fault for that bards death. Gotta own up to those moments! They happen to everyone, errbodys shit stinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One rule of thumb is to just kite somewhere else alltogeather if a bard is already in your favorite spot so that doesn't happen.
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 02-21-2015 at 11:14 PM..
Old 02-22-2015, 12:05 AM
Sarnak

Nah I felt bad for that bard, we are friends now. I have rezzed him 5+ times on my cleric. I felt bad about that incident, but clearly said I just wanted to get one pull in and done and then he pulled in as well...

Once again, probably wasn't the right move. He cussed me out in OOC and we still resolved our differences. Communication and Owning up to your mistakes > ALL

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 02-22-2015, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also it's not the best form to pull your kite right into another bard, especially with social agro mobs. I would definitely have to say Tander was at fault for that bards death. Gotta own up to those moments! They happen to everyone, errbodys shit stinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One rule of thumb is to just kite somewhere else alltogeather if a bard is already in your favorite spot so that doesn't happen.
Couldn't agree more, if I see a bard kiting in the area I typically just move to another zone, or another part of the current zone. I thought I would be ok in this situation since I let him know I just needed to do one pull for recording purposes. I re-watched the video several times. But I don't have the time in my personal life to re-record stuff or shoot it again. I want to try to play the game when I get a chance.

Also see post before this one for how it was resolved and me owning up to it. Even if you watch that whole recording instead of the highlight you will see me get on the cleric and rez him and talk to him for a bit.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also see post before this one for how it was resolved and me owning up to it. Even if you watch that whole recording instead of the highlight you will see me get on the cleric and rez him and talk to him for a bit.
Yea thats what its all about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WWp67DsTk4

its funny how even your worst enemy in EQ probably is exactly like you IRL and you'd get along swimmingly with them. Take me and Clark for example, Id probably still hate him IRL.. jk Clark I dont even hate u in EQ.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Got some good idea's to add onto these already. Going to be working on recording a couple tomorrow night as long as the zones aren't packed on a Saturday night. So wish me luck! =D

Tried to record 103, but didn't like the way it turned out. And have 104 for Burning Woods down to an art now.

Closed Thread