Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your attitude is that 100 hp isn't a big deal, you're not just going to end up 100 hp short of someone who knows that hp is king.
Correct, because the person who thinks HP is king will be dead from getting stunned, feared, and rooted while trying to kite PoFear and PoHate trains.

Velious bard trains will be even more fun.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100 hp is a single hit from mobs at 60. Not missing notes is more valuable than being able to take 1 extra hit in my opinion. HP is like RAM where eventually it becomes redundant as long as healers can cover the damage, with the exception of tanks who need a large pool for bigger spikes, or non-healing classes in solo pvp. If DEX is easily capped at 60 then maybe STA is better so the points aren't wasted though.
It's interesting that you feel sta (or just hp in general) gives diminishing returns, but seem to think that dex is useful up to the cap. Have you done tests to prove how effective dex is in reducing missed notes?
Old 05-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's interesting that you feel sta (or just hp in general) gives diminishing returns, but seem to think that dex is useful up to the cap. Have you done tests to prove how effective dex is in reducing missed notes?
I havn't tested it, so I could be wrong. Maybe end game mechanics + gear is enough to make putting points in dex useless. I understand your point. If dex is high enough to make the missed note chance 5% (or whatever you prefer) then those points would be better put into stamina. I've changed my mind.
Last edited by Saludeen; 05-04-2015 at 08:35 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct, because the person who thinks HP is king will be dead from getting stunned, feared, and rooted while trying to kite PoFear and PoHate trains.
You used to post with such credibility.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You used to post with such credibility.
Lol. 100 HP from 20 STA, while helpful, is less valuable than making sure you can cap your resists at 255 in most any raid situation.

I don't question the value of STA as putting your creation stats into STA. However when gearing, Resists (atleast up to the point where base resists + Songs can cap you at 255) are more important. Especially in the current situation of dragon FTEs.

With Bard + Normal Resist buffs, you need to be able to hit:

130 Magic Resist
75 Poison Resist
145 Disease Resist
140 Cold Resist
140 Heat Resist

Many times resist buffs aren't available etc, and those values go higher. But an epic'd bard with PoM Flowers and some raid pieces will just naturally be able to hit those values after a few months.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

I'm not arguing the incredible importance of resists, especially SVM.

You can't roll stats into SVM at character creation, though, so you're just trying to poke holes in my statements by coming up with circumstances where the generalizations aren't perfect.

Excuse me for not typing up a thesis detailing every nuance of bard stat availability with respect to character creation, gearing, buff stacking, and song selection.

HP is king. It doesn't mean it's the only stat you ever need.
Closed Thread