Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

At level 1, 25 stam gets a Barbarian 8 more hp. At level 60, 25 stam gets you 100hp. Unbuffed rogue at 60 in resist gear, roughly 1850 hp. so 40% more hp at lvl 1 and only about 5% at level 60. Neither seem ground breaking on paper now and I don't recall kicking myself over 100hp at 60 back 99-04 on live. 25 Str will be a lot of damage funneled through a rogue 1-59. Honestly, though, it won't matter too much. I see wood elf rogues in big name raiding guilds. Have fun!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, though, it won't matter too much.
No, it won't. But it's called min/maxing for a reason. The very best players will always strive to make the very best decisions. Wood elfs are playable, but they will always have an innate HP disadvantage. Let me know when you can put STR over 255 to use.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it's called min/maxing for a reason. The very best players will always strive to make the very best decisions. Wood elfs are playable, but they will always have an innate HP disadvantage.
Please show me a Barbarian with my (+25 str) or Sckrilla's (+25 sta) stats. Wood elves are the best assassins because we can stand to look at our characters long enough to get BIS. Min / maxing is incredibly dumb in EQ and especially on a rogue.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Race aesthetics are purely subjective. And I have no idea what the first half of your post is supposed to say.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

You're implying that the best players make the best decisions (barbarian / min maxing). Sckrilla and I, wood elves, were the best rogues on P99 for years. So.. no. There might be a BIS barb rogue now thanks to Rampage, but historically Barbs don't last that long on P99.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, I see. You've declared yourself as the premier rogue of P99. You're more of an example of how someone can make all the wrong decisions but still get carried to loot just for being online 24/7.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

That or I'm an example of one of the "worst" rogue races being better than the rest of you, despite your insightful opinions of what's best.
Point is race doesn't matter now. It'll matter less in Velious.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

I like Dwarf for the barrel roll. Dump points into Sta as stated above you can max str pretty easy through gear. Sta is whats going to keep you alive to do that extra backstab or 2. As far as race keep in mind you will be able to get masks to change your race to alot of others.

Not going to get into the debates on here you were asking for specific race/reason.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That or I'm an example of one of the "worst" rogue races being better than the rest of you, despite your insightful opinions of what's best.
Point is race doesn't matter now. It'll matter less in Velious.
Oh god, you can turn auto attack on and press backstab once every 10 seconds. I'm glad that that inflates your ego enough for you to think you're better than everybody else. The rest of us have better things to do than keep farming Kunark content for 4+ years. Congrats.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

That's one of my favorite ways to ignite a flame war. But yes, I do play rogue better than other people. Don't really feel like RnFing with you atm though, sweet heart. Keep your chin up. You'll get half as good as me some day if you try your hardest.
Closed Thread