Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like Dwarf for the barrel roll. Dump points into Sta as stated above you can max str pretty easy through gear. Sta is whats going to keep you alive to do that extra backstab or 2.
I like dwarf, too. Some would consider it the real best choice because of the extra MR.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Play any race you want. Equally geared you will still out dps every class, except maybe a monk.

Play the race and class YOU want to play. That will make all the difference in the world on your experience in p99.
Last edited by Roguejm11; 05-26-2015 at 03:53 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do play rogue better than other people.
can you elaborate on this? what makes you a better rogue than other people?
Old 05-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than online 24/7 availability? Nothing. Everybody presses their backstabs 10 seconds a part.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At level 1, 25 stam gets a Barbarian 8 more hp. At level 60, 25 stam gets you 100hp. Unbuffed rogue at 60 in resist gear, roughly 1850 hp. so 40% more hp at lvl 1 and only about 5% at level 60. Neither seem ground breaking on paper now and I don't recall kicking myself over 100hp at 60 back 99-04 on live.
I can't think of any instance where I would turn down a 100hp item just because it was only a 5% increase in hp. People on this server stare at walls for hours upon hours for month after month during Phara Dar's windows just to be considered for loot that has slightly less hp. The best Velious loot, which everyone will be salivating over, are almost all 100hp items.

Your stamina will not be maxed while wearing resist gear during endgame encounters during this era. Hell, most people won't max their stamina while wearing normal HP gear. You will want to muster as many hps through gear and buffs to survive these AEs, or you won't be putting any of that STR to use. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people take an AE and hover around 5% hp instead of dieing, given they don't get low hp aggro before receiving a heal.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Discipline timing, potion clicking, pulling, and positioning to name a few. Sure, everyone can auto attack and smash backstab on refresh, but there are certain Rogues who always top the dps charts because of their reaction times while performing the above abilities. Missing 1 round of auto attack or backstab because your raid pushed the mob out of range can cost you multiple spots on the dps chart. Not hitting your potions/reaper/soulfire in time to avoid low hp aggro can result in death immediately. Some Rogues are great pullers in zones like VP where Pick Lock is required and timing your Shiny Brass Idol clicks is the difference between you maintaining your pull or going splat.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
A lot of it is just being a good player in general. Awareness of my position, push, and relative amount of agro I have. Knowing how to stop a gate. Not stealing agro from poorly geared warriors. Being able to pull if necessary. Having the gear and other items I need to survive any encounter. Knowing what buffs I need for an encounter. Having them. Knowledge of specific hit boxes. Knowing how to stay in a moving hit box and still land backstabs. Paying attention. Efficient corpse dragging. Better gear. Topping DPS charts consistently. Paying attention. Paying attention.

Or maybe I just turn on auto attack and press backstab every 10 seconds pretty well.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Banned

doesn't really matter which race on a blue server

put all points into stamina
Old 05-26-2015, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of it is just being a good player in general. Awareness of my position, push, and relative amount of agro I have. Knowing how to stop a gate. Not stealing agro from poorly geared warriors. Being able to pull if necessary. Having the gear and other items I need to survive any encounter. Knowing what buffs I need for an encounter. Having them. Knowledge of specific hit boxes. Knowing how to stay in a moving hit box and still land backstabs. Paying attention. Efficient corpse dragging. Better gear. Topping DPS charts consistently. Paying attention. Paying attention.

Or maybe I just turn on auto attack and press backstab every 10 seconds pretty well.
This says two things to me:

1) You are a hardcore camper/socker. You have more time to contribute to the acquisition of pixels than everybody else. That does not make you better.

2) You ride the coat tails of your guild. Hard. It's easy to top the DPS meters when your guild can kill VP mobs in 20 seconds. Tell, me, Cecily... What is the percentage of uptime of Duelist when your guild can kill VP dragons in 20 seconds? I think your "topping DPS charts consistently" can be attributed to the success of your guild in a swift boss kill that allows more than 50% uptime on Duelist and not your individual contribution. You're playing the game on easy mode. Granted, it doesn't make you a bad rogue, but you come in trying to take the credit of hundreds of players that came before you. And that's what makes you bad. Because you cannot fathom that your just a small part of something bigger and your illusions of grandieur are nothing more than a delusion.

I think you should find something more constructive to occupy your free time. That should fix your pixel obsession and keep you grounded in reality.
Last edited by Samoht; 05-26-2015 at 09:09 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

I stand out on whatever coat tails I'm riding on at the time, tyvm. Been one of the top rogues for BDA, FE, TMO... VD I was a little low level to contribute as much. It's based on feedback I get from guildies, not just my own opinion. And I don't think you're responding to anything I actually said in the post you're quoting, so I'm done with you.
Closed Thread