Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With 6k, I would fill up a bag of tools not so much only weapons..

1k - Locustlure (slow proc + best 1-10 rogue weapon in the game imo)
1k - Bloodpoint (lifetap +5 str)
1500 - Small Dragonbone Shard (your 13 dmg mainhand 10+)
2500 - Velium Swiftblade (36% haste..crappy offhand stats, but cheapest 36% haste you can get)

I am not a statistician or anything. But the "eye test", the way I felt my rogue played 20+ with the swiftblade offhand / small dragonbone shard was more DPS than anything I could put in offhand for damage..

Can't be understated how awesome the locustlure is 1-10 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought about this too, glad you brought it up. I wondered if the swiftblade in offhand with the big haste boost would be better with a small dragonbone shard in mainhand, or if schw with small dragonbone shard with other higher ratio weapon in offhand would be better?
Old 11-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

At the earlier levels the offhand is very unreliable for generating swings.

In general I find once you reach 150 dw/da skill you want to put a dps weapon in there, but before then use it to pad stats/haste or have a utility proc (don't need a successful da check for a proc to happen).

For a rogue I guess the haste might be a decent path at lower levels (if you have it).
Old 11-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the earlier levels the offhand is very unreliable for generating swings.

In general I find once you reach 150 dw/da skill you want to put a dps weapon in there, but before then use it to pad stats/haste or have a utility proc (don't need a successful da check for a proc to happen).

For a rogue I guess the haste might be a decent path at lower levels (if you have it).
Ok great advice thanks.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just out of curiosity, what are they?
I can think of plenty of 10 damage piercers, but 13 damage ones I'm somewhat drawing a blank on other than the Frozen Shard, Small Dragonclaw Shard, and Crystalline Spear.

And as for the 11-12 damage ones, all I can think of are the <insert adjective here> Velium Spears, but they can be expensive.
Serpent's Tooth from Yael
Jade Chokidai Prod
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok thanks. I just want to know why Rapier of Oriin is 2-2.5k, when it actually has worse ratio than a frozen shard or a small dragonbone shard which both are 1-2k, usually much less than 2k anyway.
Another good guess would be FashionQuest.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serpent's Tooth from Yael
Jade Chokidai Prod
Ah yeah serpents tooth for MH might be decent too forgot about it. That's 13/27 iirc.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Serpents tooth, sebilite croaking dirk, heavy velium spear, trakasuar tooth, lath drinor, vaotvb, green jade axe, jaged blade of mourning, winters fury/elder sky fury scimitar, crystalline short sword, bone razor,
Old 11-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say get a Seb dirk and whatever in offhand. The only issue I can think of is that the dirk so quick you may end up tanking without a hybrid. If you can manage to hold out, the Seb dirk is the best bang for buck offhand to go with epic in game.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say get a Seb dirk and whatever in offhand. The only issue I can think of is that the dirk so quick you may end up tanking without a hybrid. If you can manage to hold out, the Seb dirk is the best bang for buck offhand to go with epic in game.
Ok thanks, will work on getting one later on. Atm I got vellum swiftblade with a frozen shard. I will probably end up getting schw if I ditch the vellum swiftblade. Not rich enough to buy higher end haste. My rogue is 16 now, so it will be awhile before I need better I think.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:30 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

actual good advice from someone who isn't a fucking retard:

main hand 1-2k: any 13dmg main hand. dragonbone shard, crystaline spear etc. delay does not matter. stats do not matter. the only thing that matters in 6 man groups is your backstab damage. fights below 50 do not last long enough for auto attack damage to have any meaningful impact. i don't know blue prices but thats my guess

off hand ??k: whatever cheap garbage. your off hand won't do anything until higher levels. if you hit level 50+ and don't at least have a css by then, buy a seb dirk or something. below 50 your offhand dps will have no meaningful impact considering the short length of encounters. i don't know blue prices, just go to the wiki and find something with a good ratio and no proc in your price range.

don't waste plat on proc gimmicks, avatar and slow are cool to have but don't worry about +5 str

the rest: save up for epic MQ
Last edited by Xaanka; 11-21-2016 at 03:33 AM..
Closed Thread