Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 03:53 AM
Sarnak

Default Enchaner PoM Gear

Hey guys I just have a few questions about the Plane of Mischief gear. I've looked around a bit and have found the basics in making the armor (which is still alittle confusing lol). I was kinda looking for some info on difficulty I guess. Would it be something that could be Solo'd or maybe Duo'd? I'm level 58 and not super geared by any means and have never really spent any time in PoM. If I put in time up there would the armor eventually come?

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-07-2018, 05:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys I just have a few questions about the Plane of Mischief gear. I've looked around a bit and have found the basics in making the armor (which is still alittle confusing lol). I was kinda looking for some info on difficulty I guess. Would it be something that could be Solo'd or maybe Duo'd? I'm level 58 and not super geared by any means and have never really spent any time in PoM. If I put in time up there would the armor eventually come?
Enchanter can solo throne cards at A4 and duo them at theatre (puppets). Thrones are the hardest-to-get cards. They can also be purchased. It’s probably not recommended to solo A4 prior to 60 but I’ve seen a sub-60 killing the halflings at A4 but he said he didn’t dare do TwentyTwo.

It’s not difficult but will take a long time to get all the cards you need
Old 12-07-2018, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter can solo throne cards at A4 and duo them at theatre (puppets). Thrones are the hardest-to-get cards. They can also be purchased. It’s probably not recommended to solo A4 prior to 60 but I’ve seen a sub-60 killing the halflings at A4 but he said he didn’t dare do TwentyTwo.

It’s not difficult but will take a long time to get all the cards you need

Cool good info thanks!

I've been living pretty much in HS since I was 51. I could easily stay in HS till 60. I absolutely love that zone lol. I work overnights so it makes it tough to attend a lot of raids in ALS, so I'm looking for some kind of alternative way to get some decent armor. So if I made the move now at 58 and was able to xp and farm some cards and such maybe by the time I hit 60 and can do some of the harder stuff the rest will come pretty easy!

Any extra tips would be greatly appreciated!

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-07-2018, 06:16 AM
Fire Giant

Do it to experience the zone. You can make very decent exp at ratmaze all the way to 60. It’s pretty dull though, and only up to knight cards drop there. If it’s a question of getting gear you might want consider just farming plat in HS or Velks and buying Thurgadin or Skyshrine armor MQs instead. It will likely be cheaper in terms of time spent than farming all the cards needed for just even the robe
Old 12-07-2018, 06:48 AM
Sarnak

OP is in ALS, so that's why they want to acquire gear rather than buy.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is in ALS, so that's why they want to acquire gear rather than buy.
Right, didn't make that connection. Well in that case I'd say yeah, go to PoM. Soloing SS armor is not possible and soloing Thurg armor is likely more burdensome that PoM.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:28 AM
Sarnak

Thanks guys really appreciate the responses.

I read a forum post from awhile back in the bug reports having to do with the card drops and that the drop rate may be off and seeing thrones is a bit rare. Alittle disheartening, but the nature of the grind.

After spending months of going after VT/VD I feel like nothing is really THAT bad lol.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-07-2018, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

The issue with pom is there is little that is worthwhile from a loot standpoint. If you don't get the a4 halflings anf twenty-two, your solo time is basically wasted. Youll see all the lower cards you need before you get the thrones even if you are only killing mobs that csn drop thrones. Theatre is like 8-10 kills or something, but still, on a 72 min cycle (the whole zone) it's not exactly a busy duo spot either.

Maybe there's other mobs worth killing. It's hard to tell because of how stupidly rare the drops are. When I was soloing in pom I would do a4 halflings and twenty-two, the chest near entrance of the castle, and then backwards through as much of aiw as possible before respawns. But pom used to be a lot less busy :-/
Old 12-07-2018, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys really appreciate the responses.

I read a forum post from awhile back in the bug reports having to do with the card drops and that the drop rate may be off and seeing thrones is a bit rare. Alittle disheartening, but the nature of the grind.

After spending months of going after VT/VD I feel like nothing is really THAT bad lol.
I personally really enjoy being in PoM. It's a very unique and quirky zone with some excellent money camps and it is close to CS which is like a central connection point in Velious. I have a shaman there and moved my chanter there too a while ago.

The thing, though, is there are relatively few camps dropping thrones and, if you plan to solo mostly, then you'll be going after the A4 camp primarily. And that is a sought after camp so often it is taken. The next issue is that once you have it it is very boring, honestly. Everything in PoM is a 72 min spawn timer. A4 consists of killing 3 mobs. As a chanter you can have this done in maybe 15 mins. That leaves you with nearly an hours worth of down time. This makes it pretty ideal if you need to afk a lot anyway. Like doing stuff around the house or work or whatever. It makes it pretty terrible imo if I actually want to play some focused EverQuest. Then I'd much prefer to do something else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lastly the drop rates are poor. It's all RNG so it's hard to really estimate but I'd say a session of 7-8 hours you'd be happy to get one throne.
Last edited by commongood; 12-07-2018 at 07:51 AM..
Old 12-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue with pom is there is little that is worthwhile from a loot standpoint. If you don't get the a4 halflings anf twenty-two, your solo time is basically wasted. Youll see all the lower cards you need before you get the thrones even if you are only killing mobs that csn drop thrones. Theatre is like 8-10 kills or something, but still, on a 72 min cycle (the whole zone) it's not exactly a busy duo spot either.

Maybe there's other mobs worth killing. It's hard to tell because of how stupidly rare the drops are. When I was soloing in pom I would do a4 halflings and twenty-two, the chest near entrance of the castle, and then backwards through as much of aiw as possible before respawns. But pom used to be a lot less busy :-/
Oh yea I didn't even think about the mob aspect and the long respawn timer, duo would def kinda suck.

From what I read it is for sure a lot different than it used to be.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Closed Thread