Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Their ability to match DPS in raids is based on getting 1 single item that a couple neckbeards camped a shit ton of the ground spawn before it was removed from game and regularly sell only 1 at a time to artificially keep price high.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Reasons to play a Ranger: Easy plat cuz you see named spawns wherever you go. Free gear, because Ranger drops rot. Clicky port to Mistmoore for easy plat. SoW. Easy solo path to 60.

If you're afraid of not finding a group, just pick a place to hunt and build your own group. The latest patch made it easier to build groups than ever with the /who all lfg. All a Ranger needs is a healer (Druids are super easy to get) and can just add whoever to fill everyone else and group most anywhere.
Last edited by Ravager; 02-21-2019 at 10:40 PM..
Old 02-22-2019, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, no.

I have nothing against rangers, and they can tank just fine in many situations. That group with four fungi twinked monks and a cleric finds a good, quiet, ZEM zone and pulls as much as the cleric could possible handle.

An Enchanter is a clerics best friend.
The point is the group of monks aren't going to be as likely to invite the cleric as the one struggling with a ranger tank.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point is the group of monks aren't going to be as likely to invite the cleric as the one struggling with a ranger tank.
Ahhh, yes I do see that now. I don't see that a ranger is a clerics best friend, but I do get the point. The group may need the better heals if their tank is a ranger. The more I think about it, the more I think it is a comment on ranger shortcomings.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Rangers are pretty fun to play, but they are frustrating most of time. No good dps, no good heals and not good tanking.
But when u get good gear the thing turns a lot.
With my ranger i have:
Self haste 75%, slow proc 50%, atk buffs, decent heals.This things allowed me to duo many big things with clerics.
On raids im the only Ranger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], CoP = atk group buff stackable with everything (that means the extra dps that everybody does are belong to you), i have BFG for big Raid mobs.
I made a lot of money soloing things like PSC, HBC, Tstaff, etc
We got an usefull track.
Now i can tank everything but raid things.
Best aggro holder
Best dps in group if no haster (you will be in that situation a lot)
Easy epic with best look!
Old 03-04-2019, 03:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Anyone here remember the ranger sit in / protests back in late 1999 ? (I think it was then) The whole ranger community from The Rangers Glade logged into one server, and basically took over Kelethin. Our famous leader was a guy named Sunmoon (I believe) and we were calling the devs out. We later moved into Crush and crashed the whole zone, and one of the devs finally logged in to talk to us. (they gave us Jolt)

Basically, rangers today are excellent compared to the train wreck we were at launch. I left the live servers with my half elf ranger at lvl 63, mainly because it's damn near impossible to catch up unless your IN a raid guild willing to help you. But here on P99 I'm way ahead of where I was back at launch. (now on P99 lvl 12 in a few days)

I would say this: most of the folks that put down the ranger class either never learned how to play one, or never grouped with a good one. We are a weird breed for sure. I can honestly say that I very rarely die solo, and death in groups was due to dumb asses not paying attention, getting wiped by trains. You can't "dabble" in ranger,... you gotta go all in ! Stick with it and you'll have a blast.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

At the end of the day you’re an avatar of a floating chat room handle that reduces the percentage bars of “monsters” in said chat room to zero. It really doesn’t matter how you reduce the percentage bar to zero. EQ isn’t hard. It’s a chat room.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:06 AM
Banned

Rangers are AWESOME! - Monk tank fungi group? Lol, GL unless hes rocking a lot of BiS gear + Bis or near BiS Weapons. If the monks weapons suck he isnt tanking shit! The Enchanter will be tanking.
Aggro? 1.5 Second Cast time 10 mana SUPER Aggro Spell.
If geared properly and not like an idiot - you can tank whatever the fk you want except for unslowable mobs that do 600+
Weaponshield? Tank whatever the fk you want for 20 seconds without heals.
Fools will think " well ranger dies after that HA HA, rekt ranger gate!! "
Wrong.
Jolt down that aggro to the noob all the clerics are CHing.
Oh.. and theyre buffing rangers next update even more. Power overwhelming.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the end of the day you’re an avatar of a floating chat room handle that reduces the percentage bars of “monsters” in said chat room to zero. It really doesn’t matter how you reduce the percentage bar to zero. EQ isn’t hard. It’s a chat room.
It's a chat room with swords, rangers are the only avatar to duel wield lightning swords, ergo rangers are best.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Hardest part of a ranger is getting through the 40 to low/mid 50's slump that most melee's suffer.

Your duoing options are pretty unlimited though between aggro or fear kiting or tanking with a priest class.
Closed Thread