Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

Default Level 30 Pally in Sol A

Started a High Elf Pally that worships Tunare (regret that now) and have never spent any time in Sol A on live or p99. I’ve read a few places there are plenty of mobs there and I was thinking about giving it a go. Pretty twinned with Fungi and good haste.

Are there any faction concerns I should worry about for later on down the road killing gnomes? The faction hits look like it will make Ak’anon off limits but I can live with that if that’s all it is.

With increase in server population is Sol A worth going to or is it too packed?

Finally, I thought someone (Skarlorn maybe?) wrote a comprehensive guide to Sol A but I can’t find it anywhere. Am I thinking of the right zone and if so anyone have it?

Open to other leveling spots including off the beaten path if anyone has them but just spent a few levels in ToFS and didn’t enjoy the spawning of the lvl 34 key mob plus was never really able to get a group. Thanks for the help.

Barlu/Larrybird/Billrussel
Old 02-26-2019, 05:15 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure killing the sola gnomes gives a negative hit with Miner's Guild 249 (which is dwarf paladins I believe, or maybe it's the dwarf rogue faction, I forget). Idk what kind of impact that could have for you in the future since you are a HEF pally. Maybe want to look into that before yolo'ing in.
Last edited by Tethler; 02-26-2019 at 05:21 AM..
Old 02-26-2019, 05:41 AM
Banned

Never regret choosing HIE - it's the master Paladin race, aslong as you dump your points in to wisdom.

Also Sol A can be very rewarding if you dont just try to stick to the known camps.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Lol! The miners guild would love to be thought of as Paladins, but truthfully they are rogues. The mine is a front, they make most their money illegally through Akanon.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

The gnomes make you kos to the miners rogue guild which sit outside the bank in kaladim but as a high elf no reason to ever set foot in there anyway unless you’re planning to do epic as there’s a kaladim subquest which you’ll have to Invis past them but I’m assuming you’ll just get the natures defender.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Started a High Elf Pally that worships Tunare (regret that now)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Natures_Defender

Do not regret. Looks cool and you don't need to do your epic.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

I went half elf tunare specifically for that blade. Best decision ever.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-26-2019, 11:00 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you all very much for the feedback. Looks like I’ll head over there next time I’m on. I went high elf and Tunare just for the Natures Defender too but the leveling has been much slower than I expected. At this point I hope I make it to level 46!
Old 02-27-2019, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Goblins are still excellent xp up to like 40 if you're in the right area, shouldn't need to kill gnomes unless you just want to
Old 02-27-2019, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Goblins are still excellent xp up to like 40 if you're in the right area, shouldn't need to kill gnomes unless you just want to
Better loot too. The gnomes dont drop the ore that the gobbos drop (though the blocks were recently removed, the 15p large bricks aren't terrible).
Closed Thread