Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

Default <Unreliable> LFM!

We're back baby! Who knows for how long? Not us! Here's our recruitment thread~

TLDR Version~

<Unreliable> is now recruiting! We are completely casual and are mainly looking to build a community of like minded players, like minded meaning older, busy and fun. We do not have a level requirement so newbies welcome!

What is “Unreliable”?

<Unreliable> is an adult only guild on the Project 99 server that aims to live up to its name, comprised of players who have been deemed just that in various games due to RL responsibilities, players who just may have to get up in the middle of an group because your newborn just doesn't get the "I'm in a group" concept. As a long time veteran of MMORPG's starting with EQ back in the late 90's all the way up to WoW and SWTOR and even Final Fantasy but no longer able to muster the drive nor the time for hardcore gaming, I've found myself back where it all began, a game which is the very essence of what I feel a real MMO is all about, mainly community. With my cynical, sarcastic and occasionally crude nature, finding a good guild fit was a problem. With this in mind it occurred to me that I can't be the only cynical, sarcastic and crude adult who is scraping the bottom of the barrel for play time and Unreliable was born!

Are you one of those players that has to duck out on raids for spouse faction, children's various diseases or work? Does the general chat in most games physically sicken you (lawl what swag!!?!?)? Do you face palm more than 5 times a play session when you actually read real live EQ chat? Were you one of those people who anxiously awaited the release of Harvest Moon...on the 64? Or perhaps your original Pokémon game was played on a device so clunky it could double as a 1HB?

If so, you just may be...Unreliable!

What does it mean to be “Unreliable”?

Being Unreliable material is more than just being an adult who plays EQ Classic. Unreliable members are laid back, have a great sense of humor (even if it does reside primarily in the gutter), help one another and are generally a great group of folks to be around. At Unreliable we don’t tolerate outright cruelty, although good natured ribbing is commonplace among our guys, once something crosses the line (which inevitably happens), it’s addressed promptly. We may be crude, but Unreliable folks are like a hobo with a heart of gold, rough around the edges, riddled with disease but still a joy to be around!

With that being said, you might just be Unreliable if;

You often have to utter the words, AFK going to make dinner, I’ll be back I just got called into work, or just go randomly AFK because your child has decided to vomit, defecate or urinate in an unfortunate place in your home!

The primary faction you're always grinding is “Spouse Faction.”

Before having a rage in game you have to consider your blood pressure!

Cartoons from the 70’s and 80’s make you feel nostalgic, while the ones that your child watches just make you feel old.

You think Ajkuhuun is a jerk, but you love her anyway!

Now that we’ve covered what it means to be Unreliable, let’s go over a few of what it doesn’t mean to be Unreliable.

You might NOT be Unreliable if;
Your response to crude or sarcastic jokes is more along the lines with “Oh my stars how vulgar!” than “Bwahahahha.”

You are under the age of eighteen (the ONLY exception we make to this rule is those age 17 and that is on a case by case basis).

You enjoy busy guilds with lots of events and stuff to do.

You think you should get phat lewtz for little to no effort, you enjoy begging, bragging or just being a general nuisance
You think Ajkuhuun is a jerk, and…no Ajkuhuun's just a jerk.

How do I become “Unreliable”?

Unreliable’s recruitment process is easy and strives to benefit both applicants and current guild members. Simply hit the Apply to Guild link on our site (located here) and your application will be reviewed. We want everyone to mesh well, and if for some reason you don’t get along with our current members, we like to know that up front! So think of your first few weeks as a trial period. That way if you don't get along with everyone or they don't get along with you, we cut ties and say our goodbyes with no hard feelings. Like I stated in the What does it mean to be “Unreliable” section, it’s about more than just being an adult, it’s about a community based on common interests and tastes. If you have any questions feel free to hit me (also Dawning) or Ascendio up in game.

So pop on over to the Unreliable boards to poke around or chat one of our members up in game. We are currently opening up recruitment and hoping to get a lively guild chat going!

Let’s try and build a community of like minded players!

Unreliable FAQ

Q: My main is in a guild I’m fairly committed to, but I’d still love a place to take a bit of a break from the kiddies. Can I move an alt to Unreliable?
A: Absolutely! We’d love to have you as part of the Unreliable family in any fashion.

Q: I play with my son/daughter and they aren’t 18. Will you make an exception to your 18+ policy so we can both join?
A: I’m afraid not. Unreliable is a haven for us oldies but goldies to hang out without fear of offending innocent eyes, the only exception to this would be if your child was 17 and that is on a case by case basis.

Q: My application was denied! Why are you guys so mean?!?!
A: We’re jerks.
A: Ok we are jerks, but if your application was denied it’s most likely because of one of the following reasons;
a) Your reputation on the Official Forums, and/or server forums precedes you in a negative way.
b) You were voted against by current guild members due to your in-game and forum dealings with them.
c) You aren’t 18.

Q: My play time is sporadic, I may not be able to log in for weeks or even months at a time, am I still welcome in Unreliable?
A: Absolutely. Our guild is based on the idea that Everquest, like any other game is just that, a game. Real life can sometimes creep up on us, sometimes we can get bored with a game and want to try something new for a while, or maybe you’re just burnt out and need a breather. Unreliable does not remove you for inactivity.

Q: I’m really into in game events, guild sponsored events and love a busy guild chat, is Unreliable the guild for me?
A: Probably not. Unreliable members are just that, unreliable. Because we can never tell when our play times will be, it’s hard to schedule in game events. That’s not to say we may not attend a raid or an event, it just most likely won’t be sponsored by us.

Q: Ajkuhuun I love your signature! You’re just so awesome and cool!
A: Thanks.

**Due to popular request...BEHOLD, the official Unreliable crappy guild recruitment video! http://youtu.be/15fbZRLvCSU
Last edited by Ajkuhuun; 03-03-2019 at 11:48 PM..
Old 03-04-2019, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

And for some unknown reason, I apparently can't edit the original thread anymore so....our crappy recruitment video is no longer available to view and the link shouldn't be in the above post!
Old 03-04-2019, 05:29 AM
Sarnak

This is a great guild! Welcome back Ajkuhuun! Good to see ya around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-04-2019, 05:54 AM
Sarnak

SPACEPOPE! Glad to see you're still around!