Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Default Looking for a awesome guild.

Ive been away for sometime on other mmos, other things in life ect. Looking to start again afresh on the server. Looking for a hardcore raiding guild. Hope to make a Barbarian Shaman. Message me here. And am going to lvl fast.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

The only hardcore raiding guild on p99 blue is aftermath. by hard core i mean raiding 24/7 365 days a year. But you cant even app till level 55.

You should figure out your play times first. Then get in a leveling guild that matches your time frame.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 03-12-2019, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

I would join Dawn Believers or similar guild which is GREAT for getting to know people and getting XP groups while getting a feel for the servers raid scene and figuring out what really fits your lifestyle.

Hardcore on Live is NOT like hardcore on P99.
I thought I was hardcore, and I have nothing on these neckbeards on P99.... some skilled and nerdy mofos here.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

""""skilled""" just means you're able to get out of bed at 3:45am when other "more skilled" neckbeard sitting in ToV spamming pet attack sends out a distress call
Old 03-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
""""skilled""" just means you're able to get out of bed at 3:45am when other "more skilled" neckbeard sitting in ToV spamming pet attack sends out a distress call
And exactly how many ToV dragons have u pulled 4000locs from entrance without dropping your aggro and getting secondaries? Or how about how many split second coth races have you won?

No shit it's neckbeardy and nerdy but actually doing these things is a lot different than being a batphone hero via clicking your auto attack button or ch macro once the mobs in camp.

It's not rocket science but it's not something you can just do without any experience.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Agree to disagree. I think cheesing mechanics for ez pz kill is less skill than directing the raid to dungeon crawl.

You are also describing like maybe 5-10 people out of like 200 sitting at entrance.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree to disagree. I think cheesing mechanics for ez pz kill is less skill than directing the raid to dungeon crawl.

You are also describing like maybe 5-10 people out of like 200 sitting at entrance.
Can you even articulate the challenge of a dungeon crawl? Only reason pulling to ent is hard is because of the 1000 loc change and random things like mob warp. Does anyone actually argue dungeon crawling is difficult?

What makes raiding fun is competing against people not killing static npcs.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

In your mind, is cheating on a final exam more skillful than learning the subject through the course? Or speedrunning a game using bugs / glitches vs going through it normally at just a rapid pace?

Its subjective in nature, some would argue that cheating successfully is more skillful than taking a test normally. Some would say that being able to study and learn material is more skillful than spending 2 hours the night before printing out a soda bottle label of answers.

In regards to your comments, the challenge in raid encounters in general (across pretty much any MMO) has to do with coordination.

EQ has very simple mechanics, among which all you pretty much have to do (besides tank / heal / dps) is either run out of sight every few seconds or push a mob in a circle.

The skill factor in EQ comes more from attempting things with fewer people (which, again, in my opinion is more time-based than skill based as more time playing means you have better gear / clickies) or doing things fast.

Doing the crawl is more attempting to complete a dungeon as the original devs intended rather than pulling a dragon 4000 loc away from its lair into the entrance where 200 people are waiting to poke it to death.

Again, it's fine if your vision is that competition and cheesing exploits for efficiency is fun and skillful. It's not mine.

(I disagree with you saying dungeon crawling isn't difficult. Im pretty sure most people would agree dungeon crawling is far more difficult than pulling to entrance).
Old 03-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Kobold

I for one enjoy arguing about this stuff so don't take it the wrong way. But you are right we do have very different ideas about this stuff. However, I think your point about communication is correct.

I would recommenced however you attempt these kind of pulls before you write them off as simple.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Raiding is so easy because when you pull something out of a train, then pull it off the guy who pulled it out, the aggro is lost on the original train. The designers knew this and tried to experiment with aggro linking but it's still pretty primitive in this expansion. But if you were brand new to EQ raiding and saw the massive, dumb train of mobs running around entire zones you would think it looks pretty stupid.
Closed Thread