Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Fire Giant

Question How MQable is the Monk Epic?

edit:10/29/2013 -- necro edit, saw this thread get resurrected, figured i'd throw as many answers as i know in the OP

Everyone sees lowbie rogue epics, and being a shaman I've done most of the monk epic camps already. So what parts of the monk epic could I MQ over to an alt? Any input is appreciated.

Check-list below, will number and bold and highlight as further posts elaborate and comment and as I figure out more.
X is "Yes, this part is MQable" -- O is "No, this part is not MQable" -- ? is "Uncertain or not enough information"

[ ? ] Robe of the Lost Circle sub-quest
[ X ] Obtain Purple Headband via quests.
-- No need to MQ, buy or quest on whoever is your most suitable char.
[ X ] Obtain Red Sash of Order via quests.
( X ) Kill Targin the Rock in Nagafen's Lair King room to get Code of Zan Fi.
( X ) Turn in Purple Headband and Code of Zan Fi to Brother Qwinn in Southern Karana to get Needle of the Void.
-- MQable, referencing this thread http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...=brother+qwinn
( ? ) Camp Raster of Guk in Lower Guk. He drops the Idol of Zan Fi.
( ? ) Turn in Red Sash of Order and Idol to Brother Zephyl in Rathe Mountains to get Rare Robe Pattern.
( X ) Combine shadow wolf pelt, silk swatch, and Spell: Gather Shadows in sewing kit to make Shadow Silk (Tailoring 36).
( X ) Combine Shadow Silk, Needle of the Void, Rare Robe Pattern, and bard song Jonthan's Whistling Warsong in sewing kit to make Robe of the Lost Circle. (no skill check)
-- No need to MQ, buy or craft on whoever is your most suitable char.

[ X ] Robe of the Whistling Fists sub-quest
-- MQ on RotWF works. I know because I screwed up the RotLC turn in and my friend ended up with my RotWF.
-- We MQed it back to me on the next part

( X ) Kill an iksar betrayer in Chardok and loot A Metal Pipe (Fi).
-- Haven't done it myself, but well known to be MQable, commonly sold
( X ) Kill a drolvarg pawbuster in Karnor's Castle and loot A Metal Pipe (Zan).
-- Haven't done it myself, but well known to be MQable, commonly sold
( X ) Turn in two Pipes and Robe of the Lost Circle to Brother Balatin (must not be aggro'd, or first charmed) in Dreadlands to receive Robe of the Whistling Fists.
-- MQ on RotWF works. I know because I screwed up the RotLC turn in and my friend ended up with my RotWF.
-- We MQed it back to me on the next part

[ ? ] Books
( ? ) Get an Immortals book from any named mob in Skyfire.
-- Its so common on the named cycle near BW that I've never heard of anyone selling it.
( ? ) Turn in book of Immortals to Tomekeeper Danl (in the Erudin library) for Danl's Reference.
( ? ) Find Lhaeo in the hidden cove in Timorous Deep. Turn in Reference from Danl and Robe of WF to get Celestial Fists (book).
( ? ) [Wait on these next two steps until after you have "Demon Fangs"] Find Mad Kaiaren near ruins (near Sebilis orb) in Trakanon's Teeth. Ask him about the Celestial Fists then turn in Celestial Fists (book) to him (this will spawn the Sane Kaiaren).
( ? ) Hand Sane Kaiaren the Celestial Fists (book) to receive the Book of Celestial Fists.

[ X ] Fist of Fire
( X ) Find fire sprite in Lavastorm Mountains and say "I challenge Eejag" to spawn Eejag. Loot Charred Scale.
-- Did the epic for my 3 iksar monk myself, obviously these planar parts I had to do on my shaman, MQ unnecessary, leads to demon fangs
( ? ) OPTIONAL Take Scale back to Kaiaren's sane/true form in Trakanon's Teeth. He will give Scale back and quest lore text.

[ X ] Fist of Air
( X ) Go to Dojorn's Island (Isle 1.5) in Plane of Sky. Hand Scale to a presence to spawn Gwan. Kill Gwan and loot Breath of Gwan.
-- Did the epic for my 3 iksar monk myself, obviously these planar parts I had to do on my shaman, MQ unnecessary, leads to demon fangs

[ X ] Fist of Earth
( X ) Hand Breath in to a sleeping ogre in Mines of Nurga to spawn Trunt. Kill Trunt and loot his Trunt's Head.

[ X ] Fist of Water
( ? ) OPTIONAL Find dark elf named Deep in underwater caverns of Lake Rathetear and turn in the Head. She will give it back then despawn.
( X ) Go to Overthere and locate a monk named Astral Projection (Overthere). Hand him the Head and receive Eye of Kaiaren.
( X ) In Lake of Ill Omen, give a Astral Projection (LOIO) the Eye to spawn Vorash and Deep. Once both mobs die, Xenovorash will spawn. Kill Xenovorash and loot Demon Fangs.
I know people sell demon fangs.. leading me to believe that this part is MQable.

[ ] Final Turn-in
( ) Turn in the Second Book and Demon Fangs to Sane Kaiaren to receive the Monk Epic, the Celestial Fists.

IMPORTANT: Turning your final pieces into Mad Kaiaren instead of Sane Kaiaren will cause your items to be trashed. Might be a bug, but don't do it. Wait to do the Immortals book turn ins until you already have your Demon Fangs (5-3-2012).
Last edited by myxomatosii; 10-31-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Kobold

Easy answer. Do entire epic. Have the Alt loot the Fangs from ill omen. Then MQ the last turn in.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Large Rat

If you can get a group of ballsy friends together, all of which give two shits about faction, you can kill one of the Brothers for the RotLC.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can get a group of ballsy friends together, all of which give two shits about faction, you can kill one of the Brothers for the RotLC.
he quads for like 500. need about 4-5 clerics, a tank, or a shitload of pets.

did it both ways. with 2 groups.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Large Bat

( ) Turn in Red Sash of Order and Idol to Brother Zephyl in Rathe Mountains to get Rare Robe Pattern.

This link (http://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium) is super helpful, but it doesn't list the Brother Zephyl part, only Qwinn...

Do you know if the Brother Zephyl part is MQ-able yet? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks!!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Fire Giant

I'm also curious about how multi-questable the robe of the lost circle is. Has anyone tried o MQ the Bro Z part with the headband and the code of zan fi?
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to the first guinea pig to try the Brother Z portion - Let us know how it goes! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

I might avoid trying to MQ the Brother Z part at the moment. They just recently coded the Bro Qwinn part, and since they didn't specifically state that Bro Z could be MQ'd, I'm betting it hasn't been coded yet.

Of course, if you know somebody with an idol and you have a headband, and neither of your care if they go poof, it would be nice to know 100% about whether it can be MQ'd.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he quads for like 500. need about 4-5 clerics, a tank, or a shitload of pets.

did it both ways. with 2 groups.
No he doesnt, not even close.

Ive killed him here with a warrior, rogue and 2 clerics. Piece of piss.

Also killed him here with a warrior, paladumb, 52 monk x 2, and a mid 50's mage pet and 2 clerics. That was 2 breastplate clerics though, because his regen is so high and we had no real dps.

Killed them on EQmac with a 65 war/cleric, and 65 monk/cleric 2 boxing.
They are WAY too hard on P1999 due to regen, the dps seems about right. Regen is far too high.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

I'd advise against it. My druid with idol + iksar monk with sash just had it poof. Gonna say not MQable.
Closed Thread