Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2018, 09:21 AM
Orc

Been farting around on a Necro and having fun with it. Doing the Qeynos area which I haven't done before. Gnoll fangs are ridiculous xp. Already up to level 9.

I made a Human/Bertoxx because why not. Don't care about optimization and wanted to do something different.

I was a little concerned doing the Gnoll turn in might trash my faction with my Guild but even though I've turned in probably 30-40 they still are Amiable. I feel like it would take a ton to get them aggro at me. I'll probably be out of that area long before then.

I will say it's kinda mana intensive to out dps the pet sometimes at low levels. Sometimes I can't tell if it's better to just be constantly fighting with the pet and out dps it when I actually have mana and just eat the xp loss, or whether I should be medding up and taking a few fights here and there when I have the mana to out dps the pet. The advantage to the former is the pet mostly wrecks blue cons right now so I can have it constantly fighting as long as there's spawns. And I can still get full xp on some of them when I have the mana to out dps it. I also almost feel like quantity is preferred if I'm in a quest drop area like Blackburrow because the more kills the more fangs. Xp is almost secondary to how many fangs I can get.

Not sure what the next solo spot will be though. I'd think BB will good til around 12ish. I don't want to go over to unrest etc, prefer to stay out here and try this area because I've never leveled here before. Also I prefer to solo since I don't play a ton. I'd guess the Karanas are the next spot but I'll have to figure out exactly where and what to fight. I do enjoy doing quest turn ins, so if I could find an area to kill stuff and get quest turn ins that'd be cool.