Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Default Bertoxx vs Innoruk

Hey I wanted to ask if anyone had experience playing either a human Bertoxx or Innoruk necro before?

Bertoxx is known as being hated by basically everyone, and Innoruk is too as far as I know.

Do you know how good races treat Bertoxx necro? Anyone ever try doing quests like the Mystic Cloak with either of these classes? I wonder because I love questing and plan on doing a lot of it on green, but i fear that if I make either of these classes I basically wont be able to do any good guy quests or bad guy ones either.

Are there any benefits to being Innnoruk necro human vs Bertoxx? I don't think there are ANY benefits to being Bertoxx other than lore.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (although for me that is quite a benefit heh)
Old 09-14-2019, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

I got a bertoxx cleric and I am literally not kos anywhere, dubious at worst.

But for a necro I am not sure.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

As you probably already know, a Human Bertox necro would start in Qeynos, and an Innoruuk one in Freeport. One advantage of Innoruuk is that you might start with pretty ok standing with certain Neriak factions. Following Bertox might mean higher standing with the Gnome necro/evils guild, or Dark Reflection as I believe they're called. As far as quests go, though, there's not much.

I know you've been thinking about a Human necro...but one more thing to consider: http://wiki.project1999.com/Mantle_of_Souls
Old 09-14-2019, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

As Bloodsaber shadowknight, I had do to left some factionning left and right to get non kos in some good place... All good cities love me in antonica and odus and lots like me and faydwar. Most of the factionning was easy. Ie: saughter gnolls, the warrens, orcs... But a few ones were harder:
* The second pali guild in erudin.
* the paladin and cleric dwarf guilds.
* kelethin and felwidth merchants.

And there are a few faction that you either can't or that I am unsure how to fix:
* ak'anon caster guilds.
* kelethin special bard faction.
* dorfs in bb.

Pretty much all the rest that I didn't mentioned is easy to raise. Unsure how closely it relate to necro but I suspect that it's close enough...
Old 09-14-2019, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Well I am disapointed to find out the ghoul guarding the necro guild is KoS to my innorukk human.

I wonder if he'd be amiable to me with a guise..

So the thex mallet quest is off the menu I guess? That woulda been a +1 for Innorukk

+1 for being near lavastorm and befallen, those are such great classic zones IMO especially for a necro.

But -1 for being from freeport BOO! poop city (clean your streets!). and -1 for not being native good faction with the necro guild in nerriak.

If I go bertoxx, I'm going to lean heavy into stupid ass roleplay and faction hard with the priests of life, I'll operate as a spy to take down the cult of Varsoon and his Undying followers, for I will learn of their despicable ways..

..Did you know that Varsoon and the Bloodsabers poisoned Qeynos's water supply and killed hundreds of women and children?? When I find that out (around level 7 or 8) studying my new necro spells and Bertoxxulous historical tomes, ohhhhh will I have second thoughts about joining that cult.

Maybe Bertoxxulous it has to be, since this is the most idiotically fun way to enjoy green that I can think of.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-14-2019 at 02:39 AM..
Old 09-14-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I am disapointed to find out the ghoul guarding the necro guild is KoS to my innorukk human.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(quest)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(quest)
Oh my bertoxx necro will bring much wine with him when he asks for the aid of nerriak to destroy the vile Varsoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but the faction that I was really after is with an Innoruuk worshiping humann The Dead

Side note: Im so sad my Necro cultist cant use this 8( https://wiki.project1999.com/Bertoxxulous_Symbol_Quests the rage my necro will feel being shunned by his own god for not worshiping the clergy will likely add to his desire to slay that lying, Buffoon the Undying.

Edit: Is it possible to get Ally with all NPC's? Nobody wants disease to spread right? My cause should be the ally of all guild masters! The plague must be eradicated!
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-14-2019 at 11:40 AM..
Old 09-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: Is it possible to get Ally with all NPC's? Nobody wants disease to spread right? My cause should be the ally of all guild masters! The plague must be eradicated!
I'm sure some factions are opposed by some other faction, so doing it with "all NPCs" is probably impossible.

But that being said, most factions (even Bixies!) can be raised to Ally with enough time, and I don't think any of the major city factions are opposed in such a way that you can't get both (eg. although in classic Erudin/Paineel are a giant PITA to raise without lowering the other; Warrens makes this much easier).

If you do go on a "FactionQuest", see: http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Guide.

(And also ... one of my very "stretch" goals is to someday add some sort of achievement system to the wiki; if I ever do faction achievements will definitely be a part of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Hey Loramin, speaking of all this nerdy stuff, what are you gonna roll on green??
Old 09-14-2019, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

I could be mistaken, memory is a little sketchy on the subject, but I want to say those ghouls in Neriak are on their own unique faction with no way to raise it. Wine quest won't help; you get what you start with and that's it. Use invis-to-undead to go by them. The NPC's beyond won't bother you. Once the ghouls sufficiently green out they aren't aggressive.

Faction-wise there isn't much difference between Innoruuk and Bertoxxulous humans. Clerics get different symbol quests (the Innoruuk line being far more useful in this case) whilst for other classes I see no significant practical difference other than starting location.

Danth
Closed Thread