Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-04-2019, 10:44 PM
mcoy mcoy is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,233
Default

To get the thread back on track - I'm sorry. #classic

-Mcoy
  #42  
Old 10-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Baler Baler is offline
Planar Protector

Baler's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 7,711
Default

as much as I think combat bind wound is awesome..
If its not classic,. it doesn't belong... on green.
__________________
  #43  
Old 10-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Cecily Cecily is offline
Planar Protector

Cecily's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mary’s Land
Posts: 4,735
Default

Definitely not classic. Someone showed that to me once, and, like a good citizen, I called him a fucking hacker and only used the trick if I really needed to. It was too many buttons while I was busy solo backstabbing with my rogue.
  #44  
Old 10-05-2019, 09:53 AM
Sacer Sacer is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely not classic. Someone showed that to me once, and, like a good citizen, I called him a fucking hacker and only used the trick if I really needed to. It was too many buttons while I was busy solo backstabbing with my rogue.
Solo backstabbing? So you're a fucking hacker? ROGEAN!!!
  #45  
Old 10-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Cecily Cecily is offline
Planar Protector

Cecily's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mary’s Land
Posts: 4,735
Default

It's a legitimate technique we've had for a decade!
  #46  
Old 10-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Vizax_Xaziv Vizax_Xaziv is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I just don't think it would ruin things if a Warrior could solo poorly, which is all combat bind wounds offered.
I think that's a bit of an argument in favor of Knights. They indeed CAN solo and, if still quite poorly, it's far more efficient than a Warrior or Rogue. SK can fear kite and Pally can flatout heal himself.

Knights also happen to carry a massive experience penalty. Allowing Warriors/Rogues to approach even that meager level of "very poor soloability" as opposed to the "non-viable soloability" of the pure-melees would be a bit ridiculous (even in terms of EQ's already-ridiculous balance)
  #47  
Old 10-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Ivory Ivory is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely not classic. Someone showed that to me once, and, like a good citizen, I called him a fucking hacker and only used the trick if I really needed to. It was too many buttons while I was busy solo backstabbing with my rogue.
Did you see they broke the "crash dagger" too?! My greatest powerrrr, goneee.
  #48  
Old 10-05-2019, 02:54 PM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that's a bit of an argument in favor of Knights. They indeed CAN solo and, if still quite poorly, it's far more efficient than a Warrior or Rogue. SK can fear kite and Pally can flatout heal himself.

Knights also happen to carry a massive experience penalty. Allowing Warriors/Rogues to approach even that meager level of "very poor soloability" as opposed to the "non-viable soloability" of the pure-melees would be a bit ridiculous (even in terms of EQ's already-ridiculous balance)
Totally, and even in a "classic+" environment I think it should stay that way (hybrids should solo better than straight melee). But the great thing about combat bind wounds (mechanically) was that both could benefit from it, right? Maybe Paladins a bit less, but even they could use it.

I think any sort of "class+ melee solo enhancement" would need to "lift all (melee) boats", making it easier (but still not easy) for both straight melee and hybrids to solo, while still keeping hybrids better at it.
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, improve the wiki significantly and tell me to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k platinum! Message me for details.
  #49  
Old 10-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a legitimate technique we've had for a decade!
"Its been in too long to remove"

Do you use the sideways slide or double flip?
  #50  
Old 10-05-2019, 05:25 PM
El-Hefe El-Hefe is offline
Fire Giant

El-Hefe's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Its been in too long to remove"
The battlecry of the Blue99 raider.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.