Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:04 PM
Large Rat

Default New to EQ

Hello,

As the title states, I am new to EQ completely. I have never played the old live servers.

A good friend of mine has talked about this game for years, and he recently found P99. About a week ago he and I started playing, and I have become addicted to this game. My friend has started a Troll Shaman, and I started a Dark Elf Enchanter.

Since we started in different areas, he told me to explore and learn the game a bit, and just told me about some of the basic mechanics and functions. After a week of dying and bashing in skeleton skulls, I have finally made it to level 9!

Unfortunately for me, my friend has out leveled me by quite a bit (he is already 14) and told me I need to get to 12 before we can really start to level up together

I was looking to see if anyone can give me any tips or tricks on how/where to level up and make some money? I've found that it is pretty hard to get money for the spells I need

Thank you, and I look forward to meeting lots of people in game!
Old 04-28-2016, 02:30 PM
Kobold

I KNOW THAT GUY! IM THE GUY THAT GUY IS TALKING ABOUT!

8P
Old 04-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Go to EC and get in an orc group. Good exp there
Old 04-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

In EC kill all and any bears you can find, the high quality bear pelts sell for 30pp each.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The best moneymaker in the game I've found so far (got my guy to ~ 15) is the "rabies" quest in Qeynos (hunting rabid wolves and grizzly bears - 2 plat for the wolf pelts; 3 plat for the bear pelts). As a dark elf, though, you might have to faction-grind for a long time to get accepted into the town - and it would be very dangerous going through Kithicor and Highpass. I have made over a hundred plat and leveled from about 11-15 with this tactic (and gnoll fangs). People camp those wolves in the Qeynos Hills but nobody goes after them in West Karana.

Sometimes necromancers will buy stacks of bone chips in the East Commons for many plat. A good rule of thumb might be to check out the zones you want to level in (and can get to), see what loot drops there, and figure out if there's anything really worthwhile dropping.
Last edited by Calthaer; 04-28-2016 at 03:39 PM..
Old 04-29-2016, 01:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Welcome.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

I had found, and made a group last night at Orc 1 and made it about 25-30% into level 11. I also found about 20 orc belts, and when I looked up online I found that I can turn those in for experience. I found that I should be able to get 50%+ at my level with those belts. I'm gonna turn them in tonight, and try to get to 12 as soon as possible!

In my group last night I met someone with some really cool looking gear, and he told me that I am going to want to look for high charisma gear, and that is fairly cheap/easy to come by, though he couldn't suggest anything to me

If anyone could suggest where to get this gear I would greatly appreciate it! If anyone has some they can sell me, I've saved up roughly 80 plat that I can (hopefully) use to get some basic gear, unfortunately I haven't had the best luck with obtaining HQ pelts

Thank you, and let me know if you'd like to group up!
Old 04-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Just keep an eye out in the /auction chat, usually you will come across something fairly cheap
Old 04-29-2016, 07:53 PM
Large Bat

If you want a hand let me know, we can figure something out help you catch up, even if its some basic gear or something ok? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2016, 03:27 PM
Large Rat

Anything would help, really! My buddy got a few nice items from someone who was quitting, and he was pretty much carrying me thru a dungeon last night, only being 1 level higher

Seems like the classes in this game are pretty gear reliant when you start getting to mobs in the mid to late teens. My spells seem to take a ton of mana, and i have a lot of down time regenerating it
Closed Thread