Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 02:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Genuine article Newbie eager to join.

I never had a chance to play EQ at all, much less in its prime. Project1999 came up in a couple articles on the web while I was looking for updates on SWGEmu... so I watched a couple youtube vids and decided I needed to give this a serious look.

So here I am, eager to become part of your community and experience this wonderful game.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome. Stick with it, EQ gets fun!
Old 05-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Aviak

Welcome to the server! I hope you enjoy the world of Norrath as much as we do.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Skeleton

Use p99 wiki for info. Info on general sites will be greatly changed from p99. Best advice I can give.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Kobold

If you have any questions, post here, or pm me.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Kobold

you wont regret it. I recently came back to p99 after burning out most modern MMO's over the last 17 years.

I also played SWG, and the SWGEMU. the games are extremely different; but both are quite punishing.

just a forewarning, the 1-10 (sometimes thru to mid 20s depending on class) can be HELL in EQ. but I promise, if you have the willpower to make it through those obscenely boring lower levels; youll get HOOKED. most 'caster' classes aren't very gear reliant; so id suggest going with one of those. there are several guides in the Wiki that explain each class etc, especially for new-to-EQ people like yourself. I would suggest a caster of some sort; as melee is quite punishing with nothing to your name... work on a caster, and twink your alts later.

the community is Strong here, and a different sense of community than SWG. SWG you rely on the community for crafted items etc; but EQ promotes much more casual socialization. A guild in EQ is much more tight nit than any guild I had in SWG, and I was in a top imperial PVP guild (OP understands, but to all else: end game in SWG was mostly guild vs guild pvp wars)

as a fellow SWG vet; I urge you to try EQ... as I have always compared EVERY game to EQ, and nothing had come close... SWG is definitely my #2 game, but this Era of EQ knows no equal.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Orc

Welcome Crispy! It's awesome here, and the community is very giving and helpful to new players. To comment on leftharted there, levels 1-10 I wouldn't say are HELL, but could possibly be a little slower for a brand new player such as yourself, not knowing where the good xp and proper quests for your level are.

Luckily the wiki can provide all that info for you, at the same time try not to use it as a crutch but more of a guide, as exploring Norrath is a fantastic experience in it's own right. Hell, 13 years after dropping the game and picking it back up, I'm still discovering new stuff about Norrath and it's lore that I never knew before.

Also definitely use the wiki to determine what kind of race and class you'd like to be, as well as where to distribute starting stat points, I REALLY wish they had done something like that when the game first came out.

I hope you find friends, fortune, and adventure! See you in Norrath!

Last edited by TheStinkyTuna; 05-03-2016 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: deleted extra word
Old 05-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Welcome!
Closed Thread