Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

[QUOTE=Haynar;2839801]Torven did a good job implementing this on takp. Push and interrupts are “classic” there now. I will put it in p99s code when i have a chance. It will be a game changer.[/QUOTE the only game change by this stupif fucking idea will be less poepl playing p99 in the future.. i could see a SHIT ton of people qiting because you keep fucking up a perfectly good thing.... because some one else did it welldone... if you did eerything because its been done well by somone else you'd jump nicely off a cliff
Old 02-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After this nerf what will happen? Npc CH's by unstunnable mobs are guranteed to complete casting?
Yep, although there is some speculation that mobs currently CH & gate way more aggressively than they should, so that would probably get dialed down assuming the change is implemented correctly (don't hold your breath on that one). (That's a jab at Haynar btw.) So basically players will have to run unstunnable CHing mobs dry if the mob is expected to attempt a CH every single time it reaches 40% health. This would make Gore practically unkillable without an insane raid force and tons of clickies (hmm, seems not classic!).

Meanwhile, killing unstunnable gating mobs beyond their gate threshold a la corner-tanking ToV dragons at the zone in would be hugely disincentivized. Players will have to develop new strategies to CotH in and kill mobs at their spawn points, or roll the dice and hope it doesn't attempt a gate. Dialing down gate propensity should be pretty easy because that's already a mechanic being used on lower level mobs that gate, such as Old Sebilis krup and above caster frogloks.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 02-02-2019 at 04:04 PM..
Old 02-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=natescraigslist;2852518]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torven did a good job implementing this on takp. Push and interrupts are “classic” there now. I will put it in p99s code when i have a chance. It will be a game changer.[/QUOTE the only game change by this stupif fucking idea will be less poepl playing p99 in the future.. i could see a SHIT ton of people qiting because you keep fucking up a perfectly good thing.... because some one else did it welldone... if you did eerything because its been done well by somone else you'd jump nicely off a cliff
Omfg, such delicious tears. Let the non believers return to wow.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically players will have to run unstunnable CHing mobs dry if the mob is expected to attempt a CH every single time it reaches 40% health.
Or kill it before it finishes casting, ofco.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Kobold

[QUOTE=natescraigslist;2852518]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torven did a good job implementing this on takp. Push and interrupts are “classic” there now. I will put it in p99s code when i have a chance. It will be a game changer.[/QUOTE the only game change by this stupif fucking idea will be less poepl playing p99 in the future.. i could see a SHIT ton of people qiting because you keep fucking up a perfectly good thing.... because some one else did it welldone... if you did eerything because its been done well by somone else you'd jump nicely off a cliff
tell us what you really think
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Haynar grows more powerful on disgruntled P99er tears. Do not feed the beast.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Does TAKP have classic mob spell lists? A removal of push with classic spell lists would be a huge positive for the majority of the server that doesn't raid. At this point I can't even imagine mobs that spam level 20 or 30 nukes and dots instead of Ice Comet and Envenomed Bolt.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Remmeber waaay back in the day Vox being 213986896324 times a bigger pain in the ass than nagafen because you couldn't stop her CHing other than draining her mana.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

This just in guys... EQ isn't easy.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:09 AM
Sarnak

How many guilds were actually clearing end game Kunark and velious when it was on live? 1%? Probably less.
Closed Thread