Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 04:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar grows more powerful on disgruntled P99er tears. Do not feed the beast.
Meh his tag claims he catches all rmt, yet we still have most if not all of the big sellers still in game. Also Rogean == Platlord.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh his tag claims he catches all rmt, yet we still have most if not all of the big sellers still in game.
Yes its a bit odd that all the BUYERS keep getting caught and punished, even the little guys who buy 5 or 10k plat, whilst the individuals moving/selling millions of PP remain in business.
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 02-03-2019 at 05:23 AM..
Old 02-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Large Bat

Push to interrupt was a thing on non-rooted mobs right up through Gates of Discord. Cyno in Qvic was generally corner tanked at Zin and then pushed to interrupt his gate back to the middle of the zone when he hit low hp.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

I don't even remember regular melee attacks pushing things, but maybe they did. Bash and kick would move things a little bit, so you still had a chance to interrupt them when used at a key time.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even remember regular melee attacks pushing things, but maybe they did. Bash and kick would move things a little bit, so you still had a chance to interrupt them when used at a key time.
To be clear, this change wouldn't remove the mechanic that causes mobs to get pushed from melee (this is classic and has been proven so by comparison to period-correct videos, etc.), it would just give mobs a 100% chance of successfully channeling regardless of push. Or they might just remove the channeling ability from NPCs entirely and make it so they always complete their casts without a "regains concentration" message.

And special attacks like bash and kick will still have a chance to interrupt, which was never based on push amount - not sure what current P99 mechanics are for this but some believe it shouldn't be 100% chance. The main concern here is about unstunnable mobs such as dragons and giants for which neither spell nor melee stuns would have any effect.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 02-03-2019 at 02:49 PM..
Old 02-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or they might just remove the channeling ability from NPCs entirely and make it so they always complete their casts without a "regains concentration" message.
Unless stunned by a spell or melee ability.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xealias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Push to interrupt was a thing on non-rooted mobs right up through Gates of Discord. Cyno in Qvic was generally corner tanked at Zin and then pushed to interrupt his gate back to the middle of the zone when he hit low hp.
Evidence shows otherwise (actual log analysis) , but I welcome you to uncover proof otherwise. I'm unfamiliar with that fight, but should be posts of you to share.

Keep in mind that some people thought this worked, see a mob moving and spell interrupted, easy connection. But most logs shows a bash / stun connecting at that time.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by natescraigslist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only game change by this stupif fucking idea will be less poepl playing p99 in the future.. i could see a SHIT ton of people qiting because you keep fucking up a perfectly good thing.... because some one else did it welldone... if you did eerything because its been done well by somone else you'd jump nicely off a cliff
Good, it's getting stuffy in here anyway.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

So what, is moss twig useful outside of pushing? How does it dps wise?
Closed Thread