Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Kobold

Default Possible spell level restriction on certain mobs?

Disclaimer: I don't have any evidence and am not even sure this is a bug yet, but myself and a couple other people have noticed some odd issues since the last patch and I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has noticed it and can maybe figure out what exactly the bug is. So this is not so much a bug report as a discussion about a possible bug.

Anyway, last night and today I noticed a few instances in which it seemed I was unable to cast spells on certain mobs, and what I witnessed when trying to cast was very similar to what happens when trying to cast a higher level spell on a lower level NPC now.

I noticed it last night while playing my bard in Droga/Nurga. I was using my L48 snare/slow song to snare a group of mobs and had no issues, however, occasionally I would try to use my 51 snare on individual runners and wouldn't be able to cast it in the same manner the new level limit for NPC works. This only happened on certain mobs though, and on others I seemed to have no problem. At first I attributed it to the lag and thought nothing of it, but then I was talking to a friend in vent and he starting to complain about a very similar issue.

My friend said he experienced the same issue when trying to slow mobs on an enchanter in lower guk. I didn't get all the details on which spells etc he was using because I didn't think of it at the time, but from his description it sounded like the same issue I had been experiencing on my bard.

I personally couldn't find any pattern (I admittedly didn't try that hard because I didn't think of submitting a thread until after my friend complained about it to me today and I made the connection), but I was wondering if this is a known issue, or if anyone else has experienced any issues like this? Due to it happening in both Lguk and Droga, and only on certain mobs, I'm not really sure how to test it or how wide spread it might be, so sorry that this is really vague and doesn't actually report a bug.

So yea, anyone else notice this?
Old 07-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Unable to reproduce casting a 51+ spell on a level 25 and lower NPC. Spells still land.

I'd rule this on the count of Server lag.
Last edited by Deanob; 07-17-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 09-15-2019, 09:10 PM
Former Guide

Resolving due to age and lack of posted evidence or corroboration.
Closed Thread