Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Its widely considered the best starting area due to the repeatable quests for xp/money. Gnoll fangs, bandit sashes, rabid animals....I forget what else. I'm not a big fan of that side of the world myself, and I started as an erudite back in the classic days. But on green blackburrow might be cooler with people actually leveling there, other than it being packed full for a while at first.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how is qeynos a good starting area at all? i get lost trying to find anything in qeynos, even after all these years lol. and everyone knows faydwer is the best leveling continent lol.
haha It does feel more confusing than freeport to be sure, but it was the first area they tested quests so there are so many more for newbies to use to grind huge amounts of exp off of, as well as gear themselves while they grind from level 1 The gnoll fang quest is like the tip of the iceberg. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its widely considered the best starting area due to the repeatable quests for xp/money. Gnoll fangs, bandit sashes, rabid animals....I forget what else. I'm not a big fan of that side of the world myself, and I started as an erudite back in the classic days. But on green blackburrow might be cooler with people actually leveling there, other than it being packed full for a while at first.
Yeah that's the ticket!

To bad they all gonna be blind haha Its really really hard to see as a human if you cant cheat your way around it with gamma wow this server is going to be a totally new experience and I am now super super excited.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:07 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're not going to be forcing the black screen on green, so everyone put down the pitchforks.

We will still be requiring the book and meditate button for < 35 though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-22-2019, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're not going to be forcing the black screen on green, so everyone put down the pitchforks.

We will still be requiring the book and meditate button for < 35 though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how's the new pvp server coming along tho???
Old 09-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else think the server will be better if everyone talking about not playing on Green because they’re doing stuff to make it more classic? Like, what’s the downside of people not interested in classic EverQuest not playing on the classic EverQuest server?
People complaining is classic, so whether they end up playing or not either way I view it as an absolute win!
Old 09-22-2019, 10:12 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-22-2019, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well I am both happy and unhappy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Found this fitting write up on how classic it can be in a 99 google group, it has been edited for brevity.

Quote:
Everquest - Early Comments

My background: have tried most CRPGs, a couple
of online RPGs, and a few MUDs (played one for quite some time)

Finally set up my account, got on and started a High Elf Wizard.
Unfortunately, I found myself lost immediately the first day, and no one
seemed to be willing to help, including all the NPCs I hailed.

3/18/99 Richard Hsia
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-22-2019 at 10:21 PM..
Old 09-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Who cares, we have moved on to what nightblindness is in store now.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:28 PM
Banned

i'd be happy wit ClasSC niGhT MoDE
i MEan Y stoP theRE?@!
Old 09-22-2019, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

The Green hype train is the biggest rollercoaster going.
Closed Thread