Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do people care so much for guise/manastone
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone lets any caster exchange HP for Mana. Not sure about Guise..I thought it was All/All wearable
I believe only Bards and Rogues can actually equip it, but all can use it from inventory.

But I'm not sure your response answers their questions...not the way they meant it. They know what the items do. It's the "why" that matters.

Why does anyone want to be a Dark Elf?
• Self-shrink, including outdoors, with unlimited charges (so you don't have to chug shaman potions all the time)
• Night vision - Dark Elf form gives Ultravision, best vision in the game
• Faction - allows you to more easily access evil cities on classes/races that otherwise wouldn't be able to.
• Uniqueness - since Dark Elves can't be druids, rangers, paladins, monks, or shamans, having a guise on one of those classes creates a very unusual look.
And lastly:
• Status - some people want it because other people want it.

Manastone requires less explanation, but let me give one anyway. A manastone provides additional mana on any class...but on certain classes/races, it can provide tons of mana. Cleric comes to mind: manastone to 10%, then Complete Heal yourself. Any Iksar or Troll with mana would make good use of it. Maybe shamans I guess; maybe it's easier/lazier than Cannibalizing. And as for wizards, if you click the wizard epic and get the free 800-hp rune, you can click the manastone without losing HP for a while as it will first eat away at the rune. Then once your rune breaks, you can click your wizard epic again for another free rune...so for wizards with epic and manastone, it's free mana. Manastone is clickable in Vanilla zones only.

Did I miss anything?
Last edited by Videri; 09-24-2019 at 03:24 AM..
Old 09-24-2019, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did I miss anything?
druids can port to vanilla zones, manastone down and es leg/spring robe up at least starting from Kunark.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric comes to mind: manastone to 10%, then Complete Heal yourself.
This really means any caster + clr should come to mind.

Also you can use the manastone on melee classes to damage yourself to train bind wound.

All this while looking awesome.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

For all the people wanting Dark Elf monks for aesthetics...

Only Human and Iksar have the unique "Cured Silk" graphic that most of the monk exclusive gear has.

Other races just look like they're wearing cloth, i.e. nothing.

And if I'm remembering right, or maybe this is different with the old models, humans, iksars and skeletons are also the only ones with a Flying Kick animation, so a dark elf monk wouldn't get that, either.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For all the people wanting Dark Elf monks for aesthetics...

Only Human and Iksar have the unique "Cured Silk" graphic that most of the monk exclusive gear has.

Other races just look like they're wearing cloth, i.e. nothing.

And if I'm remembering right, or maybe this is different with the old models, humans, iksars and skeletons are also the only ones with a Flying Kick animation, so a dark elf monk wouldn't get that, either.
most fancy monks wear robes
Old 09-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most fancy monks wear robes
Really? Over a Fungi?

and Fungi has a plate graphic on Iksar (I like to call old school iksar plate rastafarian) and a chain graphic on Human and so I would assume dark elf, which would also look pretty shitty.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Manastones were kind of necessary in P99's early days when AC didn't work. took two manastone-equipped clerics just to keep my Paladin alive versus Dars in lower guk.

Don't care about 'em this time 'round. If I play on 'green' I'll leave it for others to spend many hours waiting in those lines.

Danth
Old 09-24-2019, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Over a Fungi?

and Fungi has a plate graphic on Iksar (I like to call old school iksar plate rastafarian) and a chain graphic on Human and so I would assume dark elf, which would also look pretty shitty.
trust me buddy they're all packing that blue vp robe because monks have no fashion game

yeah i went there
Old 09-24-2019, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

No fashion game and no Flying Kick animation.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No fashion game and no Flying Kick animation.
Dark Elf form from guise does have the flying kick animation. However monk clothes dont show up.. but robes do, so who cares [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]