Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 07:20 PM
Aviak

Default Keep Green, green.

Shouldn't the player base be a part of how the server(s) merger should/could work? Wouldn't it fit better to keep the green server from ever merging into the blue server?

Like live, It would be useful to have an IP block for green and blue servers. The staff should consider disallowing players to dual box green and blue at the same time. This will help players who are seeking a classic feel without exposing them to all the political bullshit that some of the player base on blue tends to drag with them. Force the blue raiders to stay on their server and allow a new player base to take over the green server.

Also, what would help this green server is if the green server stayed green. Players from blue will be camping certain no longer dropped items making the lines unhappily long, which provides an un-classic feel to this. Blue players knowing those items will be dropped into the blue market makes this idea toxic to a true classic server. (I.E. Why are you camping manastone? Reply: To sell in EC on blue in 2 years)

Lastly, could we keep green, green? Blue was kind of the sandbox for green. All the exploits, trade skill bugs, plat exploits, RMTs, and traded toons sort of tainted the feel of blue. What I would suggest is the green server time line move on as planed; however, when the server hits its end of the time line, the server remains open and a 2nd green server could open and that server could get recycled into the first green server and repeat that process. Keep the sandbox server (blue) away from green (a cleaner more classic server).

What's gonna happen if these issues are not addressed is the same crew that's running (ruining) the top end will be doing it on the green server as it progresses. Guilds will be comprised of the same players, same people, same problems experienced on blue will bleed over into green from day one. Nothing about this type of gaming seems right. (I.E. New player asks to join a "raiding" guild on green, raiding guild replies with is your main in our guild on blue?)

Thoughts?
Old 09-20-2019, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

My thought is... this thread is gonna be good!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-20-2019, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

I didn't read your whole post. You brought up a bunch of things that have already been discussed ad nauseum, you should have just read/contributed to existing threads.

I did read the first sentence. There is no point in having multiple perpetual servers. What about green 2.0? Should that stay split forever too? There's nothing classic about 5+ years in velious. There will not be a big enough player base to support blue, red, green, green2.0, purple, etc. Also, who do you think is gonna pay for all the servers?
Old 09-20-2019, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Historically, letting the players police themselves turns the place in to a Lord of the Flies scenario. I disagree the players should be in any way in charge of making decisions.

After 10 - 12 years I'd say Nilbog and Rogean have done a swell job managing the place and should continue to do it at their leisure. Or pass it off. Whatever pleases them

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 09-20-2019, 07:58 PM
Aviak

The second green server would recycle into the first green server and repeat from there. This would leave blue server all on its own.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Excellent points. I certainly am not opposed to characters on green migrating into blue, but this is a compelling argument. I love the freshness that green is going to offer. All the bugs and exploits ironed out and a reset will really bring life into the community and the game all over again. Having that freshness just flushed down into blue is really disheartening to be honest, even though i love blue and my characters there.

The upside if they still choose to migrate to blue is that every server reset will be a treat. Rather then maybe skipping a couple resets since I'd probably easily be able to play another 10 years on green if it didn't get flushed down to blue.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-20-2019, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Historically, letting the players police themselves turns the place in to a Lord of the Flies scenario. I disagree the players should be in any way in charge of making decisions.

After 10 - 12 years I'd say Nilbog and Rogean have done a swell job managing the place and should continue to do it at their leisure. Or pass it off. Whatever pleases them
I like when the eye of sauron is the most pragmatic voice in the room.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:55 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More servers is not better. You'd be talking about having 3 PvE servers once Greenv2 starts. That is more server resources needed, more CSR Staff, more time managing it, all for a further segregated population. It's not a benefit.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-20-2019, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

I actually like the idea of a Project 1999 Open and Project 1999 Season server. Two green servers. The Season server ends, merges into Open (which honestly can also exist day 1 and work as a sort of second server for greens first launch). After season 1 ends, it merges to Open, and Season 2 starts.

(But seeing R's reply above mine, I guess we can just call Blue open too meh :P) Im not opposed to getting blue dirty
Old 09-21-2019, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Wish it was a way to limit accounts. Everyone being able to make 10 free 8 slot accounts is not classic and just leads to every guild having like 10 accounts of guild bots

FV style server where every player could only make 1 char would be amazing for an eq emu. God i wish that could happen here
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread