Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ohhhhhhhhh I didn't think of that! Rechargeable and not lore, too.

And on that note, actually, it might be possible to use an Earth pet and back it off after it roots one mob. But one wonders how much damage it would have taken, yada yada...might work sometimes.
I remember using this technique on live (way post classic), but the earth pet doesn't seem quite so rooty here on p1999.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Smart Mages aren't going to be soloing on Green anyway. They're going to be duoing with another Mage, a Cleric or a Druid. All super easy and powerful duos that require zero gear to hit 50.

The lack of CC on Mages is really overblown, especially while leveling. Can you make one friend who can root? Even some lowly Wizard? There, problem solved. Or better yet find any Priest (who can heal AND root) and you cover all the important group necessities by yourselves (tank, DPS, heals, adequate CC).

I swore I wasn't going to go the cheese route and roll a Mage on Green, but I'm talking myself into it, damnit.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:17 AM
Fire Giant

Hey I didn't want to start some Mage bashing.
I only said I didn't like the gameplay, not that their gameplay was bad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's just say that the killing method is pretty linear and they don't have much variety in their spellbook. You almost have access to all your tools by level 16.
DD, DS, Pets...
For me the fun part was summoning stuff, like bandages etc.
But in the end you're mostly managing a pet, and not so much summoning stuff ^^;
My best friend absolutely loved his mage on p99 tho, and is always bragging about how powerful and fun she was to level up, so YMMV!

+1 to the poster above who said that Mages shine in duo/trio - super important point. Mages are not a solo class, they're a small group class.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Good insights about mages, folks.

Also, people are often worried about whether they can solo due to their RL constraints.

On Green, whether we can solo won't be our problem. XD
Old 09-24-2019, 06:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good insights about mages, folks.

Also, people are often worried about whether they can solo due to their RL constraints.

On Green, whether we can solo won't be our problem. XD
What will be your problem then?
Old 09-24-2019, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What will be your problem then?
I assume he means finding mobs to kill will be the real struggle. I'd expect that to settle down and the population spread out within a week though.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume he means finding mobs to kill will be the real struggle. I'd expect that to settle down and the population spread out within a week though.
I just went thru the World of Warcraft Classic launch. This will be nowhere near as bad. If I survived that, I can survive this! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2019, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just went thru the World of Warcraft Classic launch. This will be nowhere near as bad. If I survived that, I can survive this! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, you survived a game with dynamic mob respawn, and on-demand and automatic instancing of all zones?
Edit: not to mention they can bring up as many new servers as they need without worried about underpop, since they also have the tech to have multiple servers run 1 instance of a zone later. Their population balancing techs are all really good.

Yeah if you think that was "surviving", you are in for a world of hurt, man.
Last edited by soronil; 09-24-2019 at 08:48 AM..
Old 09-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, you survived a game with dynamic mob respawn, and on-demand and automatic instancing of all zones?
Edit: not to mention they can bring up as many new servers as they need without worried about underpop, since they also have the tech to have multiple servers run 1 instance of a zone later. Their population balancing techs are all really good.

Yeah if you think that was "surviving", you are in for a world of hurt, man.
I have nothing to say towards your ignorance of my post. <3
Old 09-24-2019, 10:00 AM
Aviak

A smart group of people will pull something like 5 mages and a cleric and rush 50. It's insane how powerful that can be.
Closed Thread