Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Kobold

Default Game freezes after Character Selection

Hey guys, have this REALLY strange problem,

I've started on Red and have got a wizzy up to level 25, Now I go past the Server select screen no worries, then get to Char select screen, and about 95% of the time if I select my wizzy, and try to "Enter world" it just times out, and I get the black "Server is not responding" screen.

The weird part is, if I then relaunch and log back into EQ, select Red99 server, and 'create' a character, it will create just fine. So I then logout of the newly created character, back to the character select screen. Attempt to "Enter world" with my wizzy again, and I get the "Server is not responding" screen.

My friend can login to my account just fine, and run around on the wizzy no problems.

I got no idea what to even try for this one guys.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 AM
Kobold

Still no luck, I've tried bloody everything for this one. Any suggestions and I'd be happy to try them out.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Planar Protector

Wish I knew how to help; not too tech savvy.

Anyone able to provide possible solution?
Old 02-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

prob messed up your files for zone wizzy is logged in

try running your newly created character over to same zone wizzy is in

(seems ive seen people complain about this in nek, but too lazy to search right now)
Old 02-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

1) What zone did you log your wizzy off in?

2) Did you have your friend move your wizzy to a different zone then have you try and log your char in?

3) Try deleting your INI files for that character so the next time you log in, the game makes fresh ones for you:

UI_(your character name)_project1999.ini
(your character name)_project1999.ini

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Kobold

Worst case is the zone file is bugged. I would move your game folders to like EQ Copy and reinstall the game and see if you can log on then. If you can, delete the old files but copy the 2 UI files over if you don't want to rebuild your UI setup
Old 02-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Kobold

I think it has something to do with ports of certain zones being blocked, I have the same issue on Blue in EC, DL, BB. It got better in late January when they patched/reset then reverted back again with the latest reset and got worse (EC used to be fine). Each time this happens to me I have to log in with another character and petition for them to move the character I cannot log into to another zone I know works. Hopefully they come up with a fix.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) What zone did you log your wizzy off in?

2) Did you have your friend move your wizzy to a different zone then have you try and log your char in?

3) Try deleting your INI files for that character so the next time you log in, the game makes fresh ones for you:

UI_(your character name)_project1999.ini
(your character name)_project1999.ini
1 : it doesn't seem to matter the zone, I seem to be able to get on him, like 1 in 50 login attempts.

2: friend can move him around no worries in any zone, but I still can not usually log him on myself.

3: I've deleted all his .ini files multiple times and still had no luck.

I can log on blue BANG first time everytime, but red, takes honestly 50 attempts. It either hangs after I've selected the wizzy, or says "Server is not responding" message.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:59 AM
Kobold

I've seen people report a big log file of some sort, would that information be helpful? would anyone be able to explain to me how i can run that.

I'd dump the information back here and hopefully someone with some know how might be able to spot some sort of problem i'm having.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Anyone know the Red server IP Address? I'm trying to ping it, or run a Tracer, but cant find an ip for it.

Any help appreciated